• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Craftsman or Ryobi

3dsignco

My Ryobi 10" is over 12 years old and still works great.. (Just like Pat. I have abused the daylights out of mine and still works like the day I bought it.)Picked up a laser for it a few months ago. Laser I can Take it or leave it.. Worked so long with out it that its actually annoying now.

I am looking at a 12" compound Miter though now. Probably will be the Dewalt.

1leonchen

Royobi owns Milwaukee

Dewalt is a over priced black and decker

porter cable and delta merged and was bought by black and decker

Craftsman is owned by sears

Hitachi is Korean

Bosch is German made and over priced

my dad bough a multi cam years ago is a nice saw but i cant touch it: the best saw made in my opinion is a Rockwell and Beaver. when u turn it on the saw blade sings. and the are out of business.

finally a 12 inch saw is way too expensive for the blades and most people don't need it. and i already have a Bosch dual slider. the thing is too heavy.

dfeicke

Not quite accurate......Milwaukee and Ryobi are both owned by the same parent company, Techtronics Industries, based in Hong Kong.

Both are still made in their respective locations, as best as can be determined. Hopefully, the crap parts for Ryobi stuff won't get shipped by mistake to Milwaukee's plants.

Techtronics also owns AEG, Homelite and Hoover.

OldPaint

"Craftsman is owned by sears"
YES IT IS...............BUT....... is only a BRAND NAME...........for anything sold by SEARS, and is not a MANAFACTURE........OF TOOLS!!!!!!!
it nothing more then a NAME........every tool/piece labled CRAFTSMAN, is made by some other TOOL/APPLIANCE/EQUIPMENT COMPANY!!!!!!!!