• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Crane from sign company falls over and crushes car

Craig Sjoquist

Be nice to see whys & hows this & other type of accidents happen, the crane operators I know are up in their age & are not into teaching the young & even classes do not really teach ya reality of everything that experience does.

rjssigns

This sign shop is about 2 miles from my shop.

That may put the shop out of business.

Gonna get ugly just with the clean up. Our neck of the woods HAZMAT gets 5 grand per barrel of absorbent they take off the truck.(and they aren't shy about it) Plus the cost of call out, time on site, additional remediation etc...

reQ

We had a sign company in our town. They were big enough company (for our size town of 40k) They had big bucket truck etc. Operator crashed power poles & transformator.... no one was hurt, but they wen't out of business same year.

401Graphics

That may put the shop out of business.

Gonna get ugly just with the clean up. Our neck of the woods HAZMAT gets 5 grand per barrel of absorbent they take off the truck.(and they aren't shy about it) Plus the cost of call out, time on site, additional remediation etc...
I'd be surprised if they went out of business, they are one of the few big sign shops here in Rhode island.

CreatedDesigns

This is really not that big of a deal. Correct OSHA will come up with a few fines a car will be totaled and I'm sure the fire department and the towing company took care of the clean up. I am on a hazmat team and fire department. You guys are all doom and gloom and over exaggerating. I would like a follow up to what happens to see. Now if the crane operator was in the bucket and a person inside the car...... Different story.

phototec

Yep, typical case of operator error, was he lazy, lack of training?

Attachments

• Crane truck tips over.jpg
    Crane truck tips over.jpg
    169.4 KB · Views: 61

synergy_jim

The article said the lady worked at Dollar General and her car was crushed...... IS that a MERCEDES???? Maybe she deals drugs from there.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
At least the company name was perfectly placed for this unscheduled photo op.
Half Off on Crane Rental until the end of the month!
(free towing with validated parking)

wayne k
guam usa

Jwalk

Scary stuff

One time a sky jack we rented sprung a leak and hydralic fluid was everywhere. Unfortunately or fortunately which ever way you look at it , shortly after it poured rain for hours.

It wasn't our fault for the leak.