• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Crappy vinyl

CanuckSigns

Just thought I would warn anyone about using Avery MPI3100. I bought a roll of this on sale a while ago, it was $50 a roll less than my usual Oracal 3651 that I normally use for my "go to" economy vinyl.

I had to print and cut some 2" decals, so I laminated them and cut them out. I forgot to turn off the heater on my roland for the cut and when I came back the vinyl had shrunk about 1/8" all around the decal! this has never happened with my 3651!

Looks like i will use the rest of this roll for strictly coroplast signs!

Attachments

• shit vinyl.jpg
    shit vinyl.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 105

VizualVoice

I just learned how to change my title status
well, at least it'll be easy to see the cut lines when you're weeding them! :ROFLMAO:

Pistol72

Watson, how long did you wait between printing and cutting? This looks like retained solvents in the film have caused the shrinkage after cutting. You should allow 24hrs between printing a profile cutting.

Christian @ 2CT Media

I forgot to turn off the heater on my roland for the cut and when I came back the vinyl had shrunk about 1/8" all around the decal!

So you basically admitted to over heating the vinyl, almost any vinyl will shrink on a liner if you leave the heat on it too long then shut it off. I'm not defending Avery, Not a huge fan of their offerings but I don't their material is to blame.