• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Crashing Production Manager (Flexi Pro 10.0.2)

choucove

In our office we have a Mimaki JV3-130SPII printer that is run off a single RIP computer in combination with a Mimaki CG-130FX plotter. For several months now, we've experienced a strange issue where only a single print job can be sent through production manager at a time, then manually removed, before sending another print job or production manager will freeze or crash.

Initially, this problem presented on the original RIP computer we had installed, which had worked just fine and then suddenly appeared having the above issue. This previous computer was running Windows XP SP3 and Flexi Pro 8.1, but we are not sure of the version of driver that the Mimaki printer and plotter were installed with. We then installed a brand new computer running Windows 7 Pro x64 and Flexi Pro 10.0.2 and set up all the plotter and printer information in Production Manager and installed the printer using the newest drivers from Mimaki. After getting some help from SAi on how to install the ICC profiles and create presets, we were able to print out just as before, but unfortunately the problem continued in production manager even on the new computer and new Flexi.

Now, one additional detail to mention is that the Mimaki plotter is connected up to the computer using a Serial to USB adapter, as the plotter is too far away to use a 15-ft. USB cable. However, the Serial adapter was recognized and installed through Windows 7 without any problem and is able to communicate with Production Manager just fine to cut. Furthermore, this plotter was connected up to the old computer using the same Serial to USB adapter and has been for years, long before this problem with Production Manager crashing started occurring.

Has this happened to anyone else? Given all the details I am quite sure now that it is not something with the actual computer hardware (or operating system) nor is it a problem with Flexi itself causing the issue. Perhaps it is a setting in the driver, preset, or profile settings that needs to be configured differently? Any help would be greatly appreciated as we are completely stuck on this problem!

ARCOSigns

we are also having significant issues with production manager. Random crashes, as well as randomly printing the wrong job... I personally am severely unhappy.
:banghead:

choucove

Well it seems something has fixed the issue at our office, yet I wish I knew what it was! I talked with the crew yesterday and they said that just as suddenly as it had started months ago, it suddenly stopped having the issue! After we installed the proper ICC profiles and created up all the presets information, they experienced the crashing problems for a day. The next day when they came back in everything ran perfectly, and they were able to send multiple jobs at once now without production manager crashing.