• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CRAZY banding out of nowhere...

Circleville Signs

OK - i pulled the yellow dampers, and sloshed them around a little. Didn't see any chunks in there, so I re-seated them. Starting a long test run now (basically a triple stack of the blocks I printed earlier - 30" total of each color). We'll see what happens. I'll keep everyone updated.

Circleville Signs

Gary,
Mutohs suck. Time to upgrade my brotha!

Yeah - that's what I'm afraid of...Ugh. Need to wait until someone is offering a killer trade in deal though :)

On the note of this situation though - it is definitely a yellow only issue. Printing a 30" test run, the same insane banding cropped up at roughly 10" into the print, lasted for about 1", and then went away. Sounds like there really is a chunk in one of the yellow dampers - REALLY don't want to replace them again, but may not have a choice....

sfr table hockey

Following your post here and some times similar issues happen on other brands of printers.

How full is the yellow cart or did you by any chance just replace it?

Also does your printer have a separate cap top for each color. I was looking at a capping station photo of the Mutoh and it looks like it has a similar rectangle tab that has a spring that when the heads cap the rectangle box seals to create a vaccume. On the Roland there is a clear line that runs to that box and when that line gets plugged it has created dropout like you are having but after a cleaning charges the heads fine but drops out again later.

Other drop outs have been due to a new cart being placed but air has gotten into the line and that air bubble created enough of a change so that the head would not recharge. Someone else had mentioned this earlier.

Just trying to help.

wedosigns

Gary,
When you pulled your yellow damper off, did the ink start flowing back to the cartridge? If it did you may have a bad o-ring any connection all the way back to the cartridge. I really have no experience with your make of printer, but should work on the same princibles as a roland.

Circleville Signs

Actually - one one of the dampers, when I pulled it off, it did evacuate the line back towards the cartridge by about an inch. Could it be that simple of a problem?

sfr table hockey

Actually - one one of the dampers, when I pulled it off, it did evacuate the line back towards the cartridge by about an inch. Could it be that simple of a problem?

BINGO that would be an issue and if it was on the yellow you may have found your problem. Try to reset the line onto the damper in case it was loose or cross threaded or the oring is bad or just that damper is bad.

Good catch wedo