• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Crazy Cat Lady

wabam

Ok, so we bought our new shop a couple of months ago and the previous owner LOVED cats. They had them inside and out. They tried to take them all but, a few (about a dozen of so!) still roam around in the woods around our shop. The previous owner's wife continues to come back and feed the cats even though we asked her & her husband to stop. The cats are spraying all of our employee's cars and freaking out customers! Putting up don't feed the cat signs doesn't seem to work. Thinking about buying some traps today. Any suggestions???:banghead:

wabam

Thanks will use that advice! Also posting two of these signs in our parking lot. What do you think?

Attachments

• CatSign.jpg
    CatSign.jpg
    633.9 KB · Views: 78

JBusch260

Never hurts to post them, but that doesn't solve the problem of those cats being back there already. Only opens up a possibility for pressing charges on the woman for trespassing if you really wanted to pursue that. Call Animal Control to get them and see what happens after that.

PRS Bryan

Feral cats are a serious problem and are decimating native song bird populations.

People don't like it but the solution is a 22lr.

Just because fluffy at home is cute and cuddly does not mean that the rest are given free reign.

What is animal control going to do capture them, hold them for a while then kill, I am sorry, euthanize them.

You can believe this to be inhumane, but ask the countless birds and small animals that are being tagged by feral cats what they think.

fresh

I know this may be an expensive option, but you can trap them, take them to be fixed, and the release them back into the woods.

There are low cost spay clinics, perhaps you can barter some services? My parents have fixed at least 12 feral cats in the past 5 years. Almost all of them are offspring from one bat**** crazy cat they were never able to catch. Its costly, but they are cute, and their population stops growing.

Good luck!

Marlene

contact www.alleycat.org they may have people in your area who are willing to come and move the colony. the cats are there due to selfish humans who dont spay or neuter and also from being dumped, it is no fault of their own. there are people out there who do care and will help you get the cats off the property.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Tell the ex-owners in a receipt return letter fashion to stay off of your property, stop feeding the cats and anyone connected to them to also stay off and stop feeding animals on your property. Once you have that stopped, lure the cats in by feeding them and placing them in live trap cages. Take them to the local animal rescue league or whatever you have in your area and let them take care of them. Hopefully there aren't any kittens depending on any of them.

We have cats all over our area and we try not to do anything, but it's horrible to see them spray on our property, right up against the doors and walls and then torment our cats. We can't do anything about it, because they all belong to neighbors who let their cats out and prowl day and night. To me, that's not a pet. They have laws against large snakes and other animals being out, why not cats ??

bernie

I've never had a problem with a feral cat spraying. Have caught them over they years, had them fixed. Great mousers.
They don't ask for much ... just a safe place to live.

Marlene

I've never had a problem with a feral cat spraying. Have caught them over they years, had them fixed. Great mousers.
They don't ask for much ... just a safe place to live.​

the group I gave you a link to might have resources to trap and neuter. there are people out there who do this so contact them

nashvillesigns

Making America great, one sign at a time.
call Will Ferrell and tell him there is interview out back. order thirty pounds of catnip. make a video and watch it go viral on youtube.

( can you tell i don't get out at all?)
Mosher

peavey123

Feral cats are a serious problem and are decimating native song bird populations.

People don't like it but the solution is a 22lr.

Just because fluffy at home is cute and cuddly does not mean that the rest are given free reign.

What is animal control going to do capture them, hold them for a while then kill, I am sorry, euthanize them.

You can believe this to be inhumane, but ask the countless birds and small animals that are being tagged by feral cats what they think.

The chick probably has Toxoplasmosis

The parasite causes a bunch of behavioral issues and there is a legit syndrome called "Crazy Cat Lady Syndrome" caused by the parasite. This lady might not be able to help her love of these cats because there's a freakin' bug controlling her thoughts man! lol

So just light everything on fire.

d fleming

Bryan was close, 22 short with a nipple from a baby bottle over end of barrel to quiet it down so you don't disturb the neighbors. Feral cats can be a serious problem/health hazard/danger/destructive force in many ways.

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
So just light everything on fire.

When I was in college and dating I would often tell a certain joke to see if the girl was a crazy cat lady or had a sense of humor. it went like this:

How do you make a cat, sound like a dog?

Dip it in kerosene and light a match to it ... WOOF! :peace!:

Shocking which ones don't laugh at that.

<disclaimer> I don't actually condone catching cats on fire ... just a funny joke.

Marlene

When I was in college and dating I would often tell a certain joke to see if the girl was a crazy cat lady or had a sense of humor. it went like this:

How do you make a cat, sound like a dog?

Dip it in kerosene and light a match to it ... WOOF! :peace!:

Shocking which ones don't laugh at that.

<disclaimer> I don't actually condone catching cats on fire ... just a funny joke.

no it isn't a funny joke at all. I really don't understand how cruel people can be. sure wish Fred didn't have an anti swear function because I sure would love to right about now