• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Crazy issue with Rasterlink 5 SG and Mimaki CJV

Lizard

Hello to all.....
I recently installed my 4th Mimaki printer. First was a JV3, then 2 different JV33, now this CJV.
I have been printing with it using Rasterlink for a couple weeks now. Prints are great, color is good, no issues...

BUT THEN, I got a job for several hundred decals. I installed FineCut for Corel X5. I laid out a batch and sent the print and cut data to Rasterlink, and then ran off 3 batches of 50 decals smoothly. The print was great but there was a slight hook where the cut started and ended. I figured maybe because they were laminated. Regardless, it was near to un-noticeable.

When I set up the 4th run, suddenly the Rasterlink would not recognize any cut data from Corel. I tried everything I could think of, studied all manuals looking for something I might have missed and looked on-line for answers. Still no cut data in Rasterlink.

Then I installed FineCut in Illustator C3 and the same problem.....no cut data in Rasterlink. I messed with that for hours with no luck. I even installed the bundled Mimaki Simple Studio and created several decals with it. Still no cut data showing up in Rasterlink.

The last desperation move was to uninstall Rasterlink, both Finecut and re-install them. Still no cut data.

I searched here for any similar problems and tried any idea that seemed relevant with no luck.

Thru all this I have been printing and the prints are as perfect as they can be.

Any thoughts???? I'd sure appreciate any and all suggestions..

Thanks and Merry Christmas

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Are you cutting straight from FineCut or Rasterlink? If you are cutting from Rasterlink I have noticed if the RIP data doesn't save it takes away the cut option. All you have to do is RIP only and once the file has been RIPed the cut options should be available again.

31legen

No cut data

I've also had this happen. I always save as an eps as a backup and use finecut8 out of illustrator. Rasterlink has a flaw with print data sometimes.