• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Crease in sandblast

Xll_LUKE_llX

Hello,

I was applying a large sandblast vinyl and right in the middle I got a small crease. Is there anyway to remove it? A heat gun or something like that?

Thank you in advance.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
It shouldn't matter while you're blasting. Or..... cut it out and put a patch right over the top.

Xll_LUKE_llX

Since I am applying vinyl film to a glass panel, wouldn't you be able to see a patch? From the outside. I will give it a try

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Whoa cowboy....... I think we all have our terminology a little mixed up here.

Are you talking about sandblast mask for blasting a piece of glass or just plain old vinyl going onto a piece of glass permanently ??

Pat Whatley

Glass etch vinyl....hit it with the heat gun and pray. Sometimes it will settle out, usually it means recutting it.

John Butto

If it is Avery which makes the cast, it will come out sometimes, especially if it still wet, but if it calendar, nope or good luck.

Jillbeans

I also misunderstood your question.
I think you'll have to re-do.
There is no way I would use a heat gun on glass.
I try to apply etched glass vinyl dry, or sometimes I use Rapid Tac 2.
Love....Jill