• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Create action for multiple-page pdf in Photoshop

thewood

I have a 60 page pdf that I want to create an action for in PS. I want to open each page, rasterize it at a specified ppi, flatten it and save it as a tif. I have no problem creating an action to do this. However, PS wants to open page 1 of the pdf over and over. How do I specify that PS open page 1 of the pdf perform the action, move to page 2 and perform the action, etc?

This one has an old dog stumped...

igneous

eh - i take that comment back - i didn't read your post fully - i'll keep my eye out for an answer to this though - i'd also really like to know if there's a solution.

dbenec

could be another way to do it but in acrobat go under document to 'extract pages' - type in the range for all pages. you'll get one pdf for each page in the document, saved out to your desktop. then your script should work as-is on the individual pages.

SebastienL

You can export Tiffs and Jpeg from Acrobat. You can set the resolution and color mode from there.

Open your PDF in acrobat. File--export--image--choose tiff and a window appears where you can set your output options.

Hope this helps...

Ron Helliar

Not elegant, but works for me.
I use the extract as individual files from Acrobat and process the action on the folder I place them in.

igneous

^^shit you're right, thought i'd try it out and see if it did just the page you were on or the whole darn thing - my comp is crashing because i tried it out on a 194pg file :banghead: