• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Create custom profiles for HP Latex 315?

Niwo

Hello everyone! I am new here and excited to find this place.

I have been doing canvas printing for home décor with my Canon ipf8400. I use custom canvas and create custom ICC profiles with X-rite colormunki photo. The result has been satisfactory.

I plan to add a new HP 315 and wonder if I will still be able to create custom profile like before?

Appreciate any advices and suggestions!

-Niwo

dypinc

Just make sure the RIP you get has the profiling package with it. And make sure that it can use the colormunki.

Now if your X-rite colormunki photo can create CMYK output profiles (which I don't think it can) you could print targets (CMYK with Color Management turned off) creating a CMYK output profile that you can import into the RIP driving the 315.

TheYallaman

Hello everyone! I am new here and excited to find this place.

I have been doing canvas printing for home décor with my Canon ipf8400. I use custom canvas and create custom ICC profiles with X-rite colormunki photo. The result has been satisfactory.

I plan to add a new HP 315 and wonder if I will still be able to create custom profile like before?

Appreciate any advices and suggestions!

-Niwo

Hi,
You can simply download a media profile on the printer directly from the cloud, or watch this video on how to create a custom profile:

Hp has a Latex Youtube channel with over a 100 'how to' videos.

Feel free to call me if you need more help.
Raviv 404-451-5843

dypinc

I have the 360 and I thought it was the only one of the 300 series that had it. Anyway the onboard output profile creation is not that great because you have no control over the GCR. But it is good enough to get by in most cases except in more critical color requirements. And some media settings/presets do not allow it use. Of course you can always use one that will allow the onboard spectro, for any media.

But then I would advise you to get a RIP that can use the onboard spectro for linearization and profiling, if you don't want to use a third party spectro.

Joe House

360, 365, 560 and 575 are the only ones with a built in i1. You'll need a RIP that supports profiling and a stand alone spectrophotometer if you need to make your own or even linearize existing profiles.

TheYallaman

I was not aware that the 310 and 315 had a built in spectro.
I was not aware that the 310 and 315 had a built in spectro.
I have the 360 and I thought it was the only one of the 300 series that had it. Anyway the onboard output profile creation is not that great because you have no control over the GCR. But it is good enough to get by in most cases except in more critical color requirements. And some media settings/presets do not allow it use. Of course you can always use one that will allow the onboard spectro, for any media.

But then I would advise you to get a RIP that can use the onboard spectro for linearization and profiling, if you don't want to use a third party spectro.

The 310 and 330 do not have a Spectrometer, but have a densitometer. so you can create the first two steps (ink limit and linearization) on the printer, but not ICC profile. However, the printer automatically attaches an ICC profile to your custom profile, copied from the 'media type' you choose when you start the calibration process.
Thanks,
Raviv,
The Yalla Man

dypinc

360, 365, 560 and 575 are the only ones with a built in i1. You'll need a RIP that supports profiling and a stand alone spectrophotometer if you need to make your own or even linearize existing profiles.

That is what I thought, but a lot of confusing information gets put out about these printers.

However, the printer automatically attaches an ICC profile to your custom profile, copied from the 'media type' you choose when you start the calibration process.
Thanks,
Raviv,
The Yalla Man

More confusion, don't you mean attaches an ICC profile to your new preset? Not what is happening in the printer but happens when a new preset/mode in imported into the RIP. Uses the generic output profile from what I understand, but not something you would really want to use. Build a new output profile with RIP or other software on top of the new preset is what you want to do.