• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Creating a Main Color Pallet

SIGNTIME

I am diving into making a main color pallet for the shop to be used to hopefully reduce confusion and test printing...
Basically want the main colors red, green, blue, yellow, orange, brown, grey ect with a few variations of each light,medium, dark in the pallet, I want it simple but also want it to be useful. I am not looking to make everything perfect as we mainly do outside signage, vehicles, banners, not much close up viewing, but would like them to look good.
I don't want to get into building profiles and using a spectrometer ... first I have to choose RGB or CMYK (not looking for a debate on which is best) then do some test prints to get the colors tuned in .... up until now i have been using basic CMYK colors and Roland spot colors which have been pretty consistent and look pretty good but use more ink than just using CMYK values, I would like to not use the spot colors in the pallet and only use them to help match color ...

Anyone care to share any tips or short cuts maybe like starting off with a certain pallet and tweeking it?
we use Illustrator and Photoshop, rip with Versaworks