• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Creating a sample pack

flaz75

Hey all,

Just wanted to ask a quick question. I am working on creating a sample pack to hand out to local businesses. Things are slowing down and before they get to slow i want to try and nip it in the butt. What I did was I made a information sheet, 2" x 7" sample bumper sticker, a 3" x 4" sample oval sticker and a 6" x 4" sample sign mounted on a small piece of coroplast. I am debating on whether I want to make a small sample banner to add to it. Like a little 6" x 12" banner just so they can see the quality of the print and materials I use. I am also thinking of putting them in a brown envulope with maybe a sticker on the front of my company name and phone number. Or I was thinking of maybe printing and making my own folders out of the materials that I use.

Would using my materials for a folder be going to far and make people feel like I am pushing my products in there face or will it give me another way to show what I can do and give them ideas for there own business? Same thing with the small banner, is it just to much?

Would I be better off just using the info sheet, bumper sticker, oval sticker and sign samples in a brown envulope or would I better better off showing them as much of my business as i can?

Thanx in advance for any replies :unclesam:

iSign

how are you giving/showing? in person?

Make several samples 8-1/2" x 11"... banner, coro, mag, plex, pvc, decal, etc... punch 3 holes in each & go show that, but don't give it away... show the samples, give the flyer & have one decal with your company name to leave with your card & flyer.

Also, check out the templates you can buy for $39 to help make yourself some really nice promotional literature. I bought it & hope to be doing sales calls next week with mine. here's a link to a thread where i have a link to the guy who sells them, as well as a discussion about mine: http://signs101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56722

Edserv

Something that works for us...
If you're going to take the time to "hand-out stuff" (which really works well!) Give something with "stick-power."
I give out vinyl business cards with a small magnetic strip attached to the top. And when I get a chance, I place the vinyl "small banner" right onto their file cabinet.
I love to cold-call, and when I walk into an office, I usually try to build rapport, and say, "Hey, I was just next door talking to Sara, and wanted to make sure I left a magnet for you. Can I stick the magnet on your file cabinet?" (sure, you may need to build more rapport, but most people, if they know people you have worked with, will let you stick one of your magnets right on their file cabinet or break room cabinet. We get call-ins months later. It works.

If this post doesn't get "taken-out," I posted our
sales company info (for free- not cost. period at: www.cycleofsales.com
Visit if you'd like! It's worked for us for 20 years.

Good luck,
Chris

flaz75

Thanx for the advice guys. I like the sample book idea, sounds very professional. I also like the magnet thing, gave me an idea that there is a pizzaria right down the block from me that alot of people in the carpentry business go to. A magnet on there register would be a great place for them to see my name :). It would also be good there because i made 2
2' x 8' menu boards for them.

Thanx again guys