Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help Creating Full Escalator Cling Graphic Template

Discussion in 'Dimensional Signs' started by Andrew Hodgson, Mar 16, 2020.

1. Andrew Hodgson

Andrew Hodgson Member

Apr 25, 2018
    Lombard
    Hi, I am wondering how I can get measurements for an escalator cling. I am mainly concerned how to get the measurement for the curved part at the top and the bottom. What methods can I use to get accurate measurements for curved areas?

Screen Shot 2020-03-16 at 3.50.50 PM.png

2. Jester

Jester Slow is Fast

Dec 2, 2019
    SoCal
    Could you print oversize and then cut to fit during installation? Either by cutting over a strip of masking tape on the glass, or using knifeless tape.

3. jfiscus

jfiscus Map Wraster

Apr 2, 2009
    Cincinnati, OH
    Piece of phototex and a grease pencil. Stick it on the panel and trace the outline/shape. Measure a vertical distance and a horizontal distance and draw that on there also clearly. Put the phototex back on its backer and head back to the shop. Stick the phototex on a flat wall and stand back and get a straight-on shot. Trace the shape in your favorite vector program and scale to match the measurements.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Andrew Hodgson

Andrew Hodgson Member

Apr 25, 2018
    Lombard
    This sounds like a good method.

• Like Like x 1