• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Creating glass etch look

Chris Lewis

client is looking for an intricate design to go on office conference room interior glass walls. I would like to print on 3M 8150. What color do I print to make it look like glass etch? It seams to me the right light gray might work. Has anyone else tried to do This? The design is too intricate too cut out of etch look vinyl

TimToad

client is looking for an intricate design to go on office conference room interior glass walls. I would like to print on 3M 8150. What color do I print to make it look like glass etch? It seams to me the right light gray might work. Has anyone else tried to do This? The design is too intricate too cut out of etch look vinyl

It's going to take some experimentation to see what works without getting too opaque. I would just start with a series of printed boxes a couple inches square in increasing levels of CMYK values until you get it the way you want it. Cut them out and throw them up on your office window and see what works.

I don't know maybe start with C:5 / M:5 / Y:5 / K:5

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
We sell out frosted idot to a gigantic movie production company that only uses it for that purpose. Want me to send you a piece to see how it would look?

Chris Lewis

It's going to take some experimentation to see what works without getting too opaque. I would just start with a series of printed boxes a couple inches square in increasing levels of CMYK values until you get it the way you want it. Cut them out and throw them up on your office window and see what works.

I don't know maybe start with C:5 / M:5 / Y:5 / K:5
Thank You Tim that is what we are doing. Getting some nice results I think this is going to work.

Chris Lewis

We sell out frosted idot to a gigantic movie production company that only uses it for that purpose. Want me to send you a piece to see how it would look?
Thanks for the offer Bigfish; we have the design down. My concern was more trying to get it to match the trendfilm etch look we have used elsewhere for the same client.

burgmurk

I can't imagine this working without white ink. I can't actually imagine it 'working' even with white ink, but you'll possibly get close enough to what you're after...