• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Creating truly 3D graphics by using a 3D printer?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Good question, because it's not on the original.

Actually, it musta snowed that day and it just proves it sticks out a little. Good eye.​

netsol

Yes and no. The best color 3d printers are Mimaki and HP, but those are intended for interior elements. I'm not really certain what kind of strength one of those prints has, nor what sort of life it would have exposed to the sun and elements. Plus these are super slow printers compared to something like the massivit, though the parts are essentially finished when they come off the printer.

jburton

have you seen the new stratasys psntone models?

DeadDoc

The basic printers won't do for exterior stuff as they are heat and uv sensitive without more work. I would not trust most 3d printed stuff inside a car and after a year of just being in the sun most are brittle. You would have to research into the high end machines.