• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Creating Wall Mural Panels

gplough

Is there a software to use in order to break an image down into panels (with overlap) to use to install a wall mural?

I'm using a Mimake JV33 with rasterlink and it doesn't seem to be an option in there. I've done it before manually in Illustrator and Photoshop but it would be awesome if there was an easier way.

Thanks!
Greg

I'm like you, and have always done it manually using Photoshop in part because you want to be able to control where the seams will be (if possible) so it's not running through anyone's face, etc. I too would be interested to see if others use software for this.

Brink

Tiling in Rasterlink

I know this topic is over a month old and the job is probably done by now, but for those who are still looking for the answer to this:

I'm not sure which version of Rasterlink comes with a JV33 but I use Rasterlink 5 with a CJV30 and my copy of RS5 has a feature called Tiling. It's located on the Image Edit tab of the Job Editor in the left panel at the bottom (Scroll down). I've not used it, as I also prefer to pre-tile my jobs before it goes to RIP so I can't say how good of a job it does, but that's where it can be found in RS5.

synergy_jim

Is there a software to use in order to break an image down into panels (with overlap) to use to install a wall mural?

I'm using a Mimake JV33 with rasterlink and it doesn't seem to be an option in there. I've done it before manually in Illustrator and Photoshop but it would be awesome if there was an easier way.

Thanks!
Greg

overlap your illustrator artboards and export them as .eps files. they will crop to the artboard and line up perfect.

shoresigns

overlap your illustrator artboards and export them as .eps files. they will crop to the artboard and line up perfect.

Illustrator makes it very simple. Create a new document with multiple artboards, spacing set to zero and no bleeds. Turn bleeds on after. Drop in your artwork and export to PDF or multiple JPEG/TIFF files.