• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Creation Cutter Flatlines halfway through job

deep six

Hi all

I know this is a chinese cutter and you may well say thats what you get but would appreciate any helpful input on this.
Recently my cutter has been getting halfway through a job and then for no reason the cut head just scrolls to the left side of the machine til it hits the cutout switch. No real pattern to it, does this with various jobs I have sent to it, sometimes almost gets to the end of the job and sometimes only just starts and then quits.
I am running Windows XP, sign cutting application is Artcut 2005 that came with the cutter.
Please help.

Ken

Have you attached a grounding wire from the frame of the machine to a grounding spot such as the receptacle box where you plug in the machine?
I've been having some static problems recently and these machines are sensitive to that.
I've only had one file that behaved the way you describe..this one font that was a free download. Just would not cut. Could be an open path on your file.
Check in wireframe mode that all paths are closed.
Hope this helps.
Ken

deep six

Thanks guys
Just got word back from the wholesaler who supplied the machine, here are his suggestions,

1. Confirm the format does not exceed 630mm
2. Baud rate of the machine must be set to 9600
3. Avoid static on the vinyl
4. Turn off "Sharp Angle compensation" from Artcut
5. Set lower blade pressure

Haven't tried yet but will advise if this fixes the problem.

LightHouse

besides the baud rate that has nothing todo with what your cutter is doing. mine cutter did the same thing becasue i had the wrong creation drivers running. also make sure you are cutting the vinyl from the start of the ruler instead of the end.