• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Creative Suite - Standard or Premium?

signage

Most professionals purchase the software that we use! Otherwise the software would disappear and there wouldn't be any standard and file transferring would be nonexistent!

lilb93

Fred Weiss said:
Not jumping on you but I do differ with you one that statement. Software piracy and file sharing are real problems with the prices those of us that stay in the licensed software camp have to pay.

FWIW, I'd have to say that I believe the more successful individuals and businesses tend to stay legal in their software acquisitions. Those who are attracted to cracked copies or pirated software, and in general excluding one's self from any responsibility to play by the rules is, to me, the mark of a daytripper, immature, dishonest and an indicator of a less successful existence.

My real answer was that anyone running flexisign 7.5 is probably (and I state probably carcked) Flexi will update anyone with 7.0 and above for free. There is any and everykind of software on the net as you well knowfor download. I run flexisign 7.6.2, have the training disks fron the original author (and can call him personally if I have a problem).

I am new to this board here , while not new to the net itself. I read a ton more than I will ever post. In some of the posts, and not remembering which one. Did I ever download cracked software. YES. I played with it and seen the same problems that others are having, this is pretty much why you either PAY for the software and it works properly, or live with the cracked version and keep playing around it.

I have Flexisign, Omega, Adobe CS2, Mastercam, Melco design Shop,Sirus, Sun, Gilbraco, Dynojet all which work great and have all the dongles hanging (and insured) execpt Abobe password only. Last year I personally have spent over 30,000.00 on software alone.

Pirated software will never go away, some people believe that they are NOT stealing anything. It is not something one hold in there hand, so they never feel it is stealing. That is my take on it anyway.

K

Kevin Newby

lilb93 said:
Everyone complains about the price of software, Hell write the program yourself and make a million in the process. Then you can sell 1000 copys and you will have 1000000 cracked copy all over the net. I really do not know many people who actually purchase software.

so...youre saying crime does pay?

(Hold on...here comes the long defensive and abusive post defending his
illegal activities...boring...think ill just put you on my block list now).

ENTDesign

Here's some fuel to fire you all up:

I am amazed at how most of the posts following the first by lilb93 have jumped to conclusions. I am not writing to defend lilb93 since I don't fully know his/her true positions based on these 2 posts. However, most of the responses have been made by inferring things s/he did not actually state. In the second post, lilb93 does admit to trying some cracked software, but never states that s/he does this all of the time or has continued to do so, but has purchased a great dollar amount of software. The final statements about there being people who are going to pirate software are generalized observations/opinions which do not endorse the practice. If you have watched the reporting about Napster file sharing in the past (before they finally got wamped legally), you can come to the conclusion that there are a great many people who think nothing of stealing intellectual property if they can easily download it on-line.

Anyway, just thought I would be an AH and point out sometimes peoples strong feeling about a topic get them to infer too much, and flame a bit too directly and personally. I do enjoy reading the strong opinions people have about the various subjects on this board, even if I don't agree with them. Dialog is a good thing. Free speach can be exercised in a civil manner.

Derf

Cracked software is fine for the recluse in the garage making stickers for your friends... But if you ever have to sell a real business you must have licensed software that runs your equipment or you have little to sell..

I also look at it this way.. I pay Adobe, and others to make software for me. If no one bought the stuff we would have crappy software or non at all. I don’t mind paying Adobe $350 every few years for an up grade it is worth it.

K

Kevin Newby

Derf said:
Cracked software is fine for the recluse in the garage making stickers for your friends...

why is it "fine"???

who made that rule, you? you just make up right and wrong as you go along?

i hope you get ripped off big time today by some customer...maybe youll see things in a different light.

STEALING IS NOT FINE.

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
lilb93 said:
My real answer was that anyone running flexisign 7.5 is probably (and I state probably carcked)

I'm not sure I understand this comment. Are you saying anyone running a current version of Flexi is likely running a pirated copy? Our shop has three Flexi locks and an EnRoute lock. Pretty expensive. But all legit.

lilb93 said:
Pirated software will never go away, some people believe that they are NOT stealing anything. It is not something one hold in there hand, so they never feel it is stealing. That is my take on it anyway.

I might be willing to look the other way if some home maker is using a cracked version of Photoshop to touch up the snap shots of her kid.

However, I'm going to feel highly tempted to turn in a cut rate competitor if I know for sure he's running pirated software. Companies like Adobe, Autodesk and several others have entire departments dedicated to tracking down illegal users and busting them. Same thing goes for other unethical practices that can occur in the sign industry, such as claiming a sign cabinet is UL Listed when it really isn't. Or dodging workers comp insurance premiums and not having your bondings straight -all to save a buck.

ENTDesign said:
The final statements about there being people who are going to pirate software are generalized observations/opinions which do not endorse the practice. If you have watched the reporting about Napster file sharing in the past (before they finally got wamped legally), you can come to the conclusion that there are a great many people who think nothing of stealing intellectual property if they can easily download it on-line.

While it's true someone stating the reality about the widespread lack of ethics in software use does not equate to an outright endorsement of the practice, such statements are often made to justify the practice.

In other words, it's the "everyone else is doing it" defense. Software piracy, plagerizing artwork, illegal drug use, outsourcing your factory work to China, replacing your American workers with illegal aliens, paying elected officials under the table to get your initiatives passed, institutionalized racism or sexism, date rape, etc., etc., etc. -it's all the same mentality. Lots of people want to do unethical things and feel okay about it.

Well, it's not okay.

Derf

Kevin Newby said:
why is it "fine"???

who made that rule, you? you just make up right and wrong as you go along?

i hope you get ripped off big time today by some customer...maybe youll see things in a different light.

STEALING IS NOT FINE.

DUDE Chill.......

What I men't was that you can't have a legitimate business with boot leg software implying that the person in the garage is a loser.

Also I never said Stealing is fine! What I said was, "Cracked software is fine for the recluse in the garage making stickers for his friends"

Meaning!
IT IS FIM FOR HIM IN HIS MIND..... NOT MINE!

And I don't get ripped off because I get a deposit :) and have a "A" client referral base and don't deal with jack asses... I give those to the guy with the boot leg software to deal with