Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Credit card reader for Android Galaxy Tab 2?

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by phototec, Aug 27, 2013.

1. phototec

phototec Very Active Member

May 23, 2008
    Belton
    I know this has been hashed around here many times before, but what is the latest thoughts about using a credit card reader on an Android Galaxy Tab 2?

I've had a PayPal account for many years, so I would lean towards using their credit card reader.

Anyone use the PayPal credit card reader version?

:thankyou:

Tags:
  2. Moze

Moze Precision Sign Services

Feb 27, 2012
    Dallas, TX
    I use the PayPal reader with my Note II phone and have zero complaints. I don't need it often, but when I do, it's easy to use. It also has one of, if not the lowest, rates available. Add to that, a soon as you run the charge, it's in your PayPal account and you can immediately transfer it to your bank account. The transfer takes anywhere from 1-3 days in my experience.

3. phototec

May 23, 2008
    Belton
    Who makes the Note II phone and what carrier do you use?

Thanks

4. Moze

Feb 27, 2012
    Dallas, TX
    Samsung Galaxy Note II is the "full name". I'm on AT&T.

5. phototec

May 23, 2008
    Belton
    Hi Moze ,

Just wanted to verify which phone you are using, I was checking phone compatibility on PayPal's website, and they don't list the Samsung Galaxy Note II?

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/paypal-here-compatible-devices

Are you 100% sure your phone is the Samsung Galaxy Note II and it works with PayPal Here?

Thanks

6. Moze

Feb 27, 2012
    Dallas, TX
    Yep, that's the phone I have and it works fine. Not sure why it's not listed on the site...it may be that PayPal hasn't updated their site since the Note II was released.

The readers are free, so it's worth giving it a shot even if your device isn't listed.

7. phototec

May 23, 2008
    Belton
    Thanks for the reply, this is a bit confusing, because they also say that Samung tablets are NOT supported, yet I found a video on YouTube showing it working on the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 running CM10 Jelly Bean 4.1.1.

[video=youtube;nT3KsG6FOFE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nT3KsG6FOFE[/video]

:frustrated:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2013