• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Credit Cards............................

Gino

Premium Subscriber
As always, I'm not sure this is even in the right category, but I'll try here.

A few weeks ago, we accepted a credit card from a regular customer for their transaction. It was something small like $129.51, if I'm not mistaken. Things went along smoothly until we were reconciling the statements. Now, I'm no accountant or even want anything to do with that end of the business, but I have a question on this kind of transaction......

If someone does this back charge thing... or has their company take the money back out.... is your service/bank notified or are you notified ??

The transaction took place on May 8th I believe and the batch was done as normal. Everything on our end looked fine, until she was doing the books this morning.

We've never had anyone ever dispute charges or anything, so this is kinda new territory for us if this is what it really is.

What takes place or how do you guys/gals know when someone on the other end is playing games ??

This customer has been a fairly good customer, but is always playing games with payment and we're always having to kinda watch them so to speak.

So, any ideas as to what might've happened. The bank just says, there is NO anything for the missing amount.

:thankyou: Gino

gnemmas

If there is not a credit of that amount to your account, but your closing batch ticket include that amount, than it is your credit card processor to clear it out. They did not deposit that amount.

They can trace exactly what happened: customer's bank did not release the fund, or the processor fail on it's end.

Charlie J

If you get a chargeback, you should get a notification in the mail. We've only been burnt once. It was with a stolen credit card. We took the card info over the phone and didn't get an imprint of the card. So we got stuck with the loss.