• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Creepy Animatronic Sign Wavers

AnthonyRalano

[video=youtube;58ItGavBANM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58ItGavBANM[/video]

I came across this video this morning. Does anyone build these or do any kind of animatronic signs? I think it is a great attention grabber. I feel if I had one of these at the shop I could sell them all day. Or just be really creeped out.

Last edited by a moderator:

visual800

Il pass. Cool idea, yes. IMO a professional company would not use gimmicks such as this to get folks in the door.

CES020

Il pass. Cool idea, yes. IMO a professional company would not use gimmicks such as this to get folks in the door.

Yeah, no self respecting business would stoop to using silly gimmicks to get people in the door.....

[video=youtube;Zopkn6YYPS0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zopkn6YYPS0[/video]

MikePro

honestly, if you can't build one of those yourself then you aren't really a sign guy.
mannequin + motor + sign + case of beer = done.

Snydo

We have a 'instant cash advance' place across the street from our shop, they have this guy out there EVERY day waving a sign around, same guy for years. I feel sorry for him if the owner catches on to these things.

Biker Scout

Here's the thing with those... many city ordinances are cracking down on A-Frame and Sidewalk Signs. So in comes the fad of having a guy standing on the sidewalk holding a sign. Because technically that's permitted. Since the sign isn't left unattended.

These mannequins are just A-Frames all over again. They aren't fooling anybody. Plus, business owners aren't helping out teenagers or the less fortunate with a few bucks a day twirling their signs. Secondly, they aren't a real person who could potentially pass out additional information like a flyer or business card. Nor give directions to someone on the street as to where that particular business is located.

If you are going to want to drive new traffic to your establishment, and you feel that a dancing sign fits your business model do yourself and community a favor. Hire a real life person.

boxerbay

honestly, if you can't build one of those yourself then you aren't really a sign guy.
mannequin + motor + sign + case of beer = done.

motor? just put a hamster wheel in the belly with a fat hamster and hang a fake snake around the chicks neck and let er go!

SignManiac

They aren't fooling anybody

Sure fooled me. I stopped to ask her what her going rate was for a quickie!

Back in the day we had roadside hotdog vendors here in Florida wearing nothing but pasties and thongs. The city banned them after all the accidents.

AnthonyRalano

I am in Florida too. I totally remember that. Wrecks everywhere. I wish my signs were so good they got banned but, I guess the old oracal just doesn't have the same power.