• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Critique if you must

Steve C.

This is for a bike shop that is opening a diner. Don't ask about the wording,
its what he wants. I won't be printing or painting, its design only. He is calling
it a logo but it's not what I call a logo. Anyway he want kind of an old diner
look but with out the typical diner fonts. Also said it should have a "bad
attitude". Anyone who knows Jason Nale may recognize his influence. He did
ask for these fonts specifically, but I could offer other suggestions.

Attachments

• walzwerk.jpg
    walzwerk.jpg
    448.7 KB · Views: 93

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I think you copped the attitude of Nales, but you're not quite as flower-y.

I like it it, but perhaps you could doctor up the red border. That just looks lost compared to the rest of it. Kinda like it's an after thought.... with no thought in it.

Jillbeans

I prefer the black and white...could you do something with the R's front leg so it doesn't flow into the K?
And is there a non swash "s" for the burgers and bikes part?
It is what it is, still a hellavalot prettier than Bleeding Cowboys.
I'm a fan of Jason's as well as Stevo's, who I think is his influence.
:)
Love....Jill

rjpjr

I much prefer the black and white version with the subtext up under the main
I agree...not necessarily about the black and white but with the subtext comment.

...Also said it should have a "bad
attitude".

IMHO...while these designs are attractive, I don't think they have ATTITUDE at all. If anything, it has a feminine/flowery feel.

Definitely see the Jason Nale influence.

Steve C.

You're right Gino... It was an afterthought. I'll probably leave the border off or
do something different with it.

Jill. I rather like the connection of the RK. It follows with the connections of
the AL and WZE. JMO. :smile:

It will be later this evening before I can work any more on it.

SignManiac

Way overly frilly. The fonts are extremely decorative and along with the rest, I thinks it's overdone. Needs more contrast between the fonts and the background.

Marlene

I don't know who Jason Nale is but I think this is pretty, not very old diner looking. it looks old west to me, 1800's. is that what you were working for? it looks really nice. I love the rich colors and the font. just not seeing diner, but then, I may be thinking 50's 60's diners

SD&F

It is very decorative and in my opinion a bit much for a biker joint. Just another opinion for what it's worth.

Steve C.

I don't know who Jason Nale is but I think this is pretty, not very old diner looking. it looks old west to me, 1800's. is that what you were working for? it looks really nice. I love the rich colors and the font. just not seeing diner, but then, I may be thinking 50's 60's diners

I added the deco style bars top and bottom and the striped background to
try for the diner look. Even tho he asked for these fonts I may suggest he
try something else. Waiting to here from the client.

Marlene

with the font, the choice of design is perfect as it fits with the font as do the colors. when I think diner, I don't think this kind of a look. it looks perfect for a western saloon which may be what he had in mind with the font choice.

signmeup

"Bike n' Burger " rolls off the tongue a lot better than "Burger n' Bikes".

Looks like a place you could get a shave and a tattoo.

SignosaurusRex

Not sure what is meant by 'Bikes'....Bicylcles or Motordycles?
Just for giggles here is a quickie basic idea in another direction using your newest release fonts.

Attachments

• walzwerk.jpg
    walzwerk.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 86

geb

I'm with Jill on the RK, maybe one tick down a hair on the ALZWER. Jason's works remind me an outline that stands out more, much as Gino mentioned. I really like your design and logo.

George

Steve C.

I won't make any more changes til I hear from the client. Thanks, everyone
has been very helpful. I think I like bottom left. Feel free to offer more critique,
opinion and suggestions.
:thankyou:

Attachments

• walzwerk2.jpg
    walzwerk2.jpg
    326.8 KB · Views: 82