• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Critique my Card - Final Round

QualitySigns

Okay, from Round 2 I've considered all of your comments, both positive and negative, and have taken heed of them. Please bear with me and have another look at my cards. I know, you're probably thinking, "oh crap; when's he going to quit?" However, I can't think of a better place to get opinions on stuff I am designing for myself than here.

Please note that there is both a horizontal and vertical version of the back of the card. Check 'em out and let me know which version you like best and why.

All comments are welcome of course, and I promise not to be so touchy this time. Thank you.

:design:

Attachments

• Business Card - Front 02.jpg
    Business Card - Front 02.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 79
  • Business Card - Back 01.jpg
    Business Card - Back 01.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 85
  • Business Card - Back 02.jpg
    Business Card - Back 02.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 81

signmeup

I think you're trying too hard to be clever. It's like the front is now the back or something. Put your contact info on the front and a few select services on the back. Make it so you can tell the front from the back. People like that. Make it so if it's in a card wallet it can still be used to reach you without removing it from the wallet. No sense mildly pi$$ing off a client seconds before they call you.

I only put info on the back of a card to keep a customer happy who wants to write the Gettysburg address on the front. I don't do it because I think it's a great marketing tool.

ForgeInc

I actually think this is working much better. I don't usually like flopping the orientation of a business card from front to back though. That said, I think version one looks good. What you may consider, is adjusting the placement of the blue bar, so it kinda matches the height of the letters of your logo on the other side. If you lose the term "graphic artist" you could still fit your type under it. "graphic artist" is a WAY dated and cheesy term anyway!

You might also change the bar on back to orange, just to look at anyway. It might make the front + back visually "connect" more. Or not, worth a look.

Looks WAY better. You're close.

QualitySigns

How about this? I'm also open to suggestions to replace the words "Graphic Artist."

Attachments

• Business Card - Front 01.jpg
    Business Card - Front 01.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 72
  • Business Card - Back 03.jpg
    Business Card - Back 03.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 63

QualitySigns

You might also change the bar on back to orange, just to look at anyway. It might make the front + back visually "connect" more. Or not, worth a look.

Here's a couple views of the back using your suggestion. I'm thinking either black or the blue.

Attachments

• Business Card - Back 04.jpg
    Business Card - Back 04.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 69

ForgeInc

I like both new versions. I like the vertical one too, but not if you have your logo turned the other way on the backside. Just my $.02.

Nice improvements, so much better.

QualitySigns

I like both new versions. I like the vertical one too, but not if you have your logo turned the other way on the backside. Just my $.02.

Nice improvements, so much better.

It was your comment about stepping back from the design in Round 2 that finally got me out of my rut. Thanks.

Service Sign Co

THE LETTER STYLE IS TERRIBLE The Quality & Signs should be the same color , or within the same value of color, Basically anything would look better.I have to wonder if you have ever been inspired to make a nice looking sign or logo. On the other hand , I wouldn't go as far as to recommend a professional to make your logo because it has a small bit of potential.

Last edited:

QualitySigns

THE LETTER STYLE IS TERRIBLE The Quality & Signs should be the same color , or within the same value of color, Basically anything would look better. I have to wonder if you have ever been inspired to make a nice looking sign or logo. On the other hand , I wouldn't go as far as to recommend a professional to make your logo because it has a small bit of potential.

You are one of two people that have completely not liked my logo. Hundreds have disagreed with you. Albeit tactless and rude, I do respect your opinion. Thank you for your comments and have a great day.

Service Sign Co

Sorry, but I don't feel that it is tactless or rude to suggest a different approach being that you are in the sign business.
"All comments are welcome of course" and yes, I edited it because my criticism came across a little harsh, but on second thought I un-edited it.

Last edited:

QualitySigns

You will notice in the post above your last one that I quoted your UNEDITED version. That was tactless and rude no matter how you try to weasle out of it. Read my PM. Over and out.

4R Graphics

I like the original horizontal one with the blue box it keeps with the back side color scheme. However I think that perhaps you should try putting the full logo in the blue box instead of just the QS. that way you have your company name and all important info on the front side for the people who keep cards in folders. Also you might want to add your phone number in a solid color down near the bottom on the back that way you have the company name and it says what you do and a number to reach you at.

just my 2 cents.

QualitySigns

However I think that perhaps you should try putting the full logo in the blue box instead of just the QS. that way you have your company name and all important info on the front side for the people who keep cards in folders. Also you might want to add your phone number in a solid color down near the bottom on the back that way you have the company name and it says what you do and a number to reach you at.

I tried putting the logo in the blue bar, but it made the card look too busy. I am trying to keep everything as clean and readable as possible. The "QS" is a brand that I am going to use down the road.

I am tinkering with your idea of putting the phone number at the bottom of the other side of the card. Thanks for your input.

signswi

Typography still needs a lot of work. Did you pick Myriad intentionally or was it just what illustrator defaulted to. Kerning is pretty bad in areas and the choice of weights should be reconsidered. The website lines on the back in particular look like afterthoughts.

HaroldDesign

Triangles, swoosh, underline & a dot. I don't see any relevancy/purpose in the triangles. Refine one of the other elements. I like the others a lot.

signswi

Have to agree with the triangles and swoosh honestly. Swooshes should just be avoided in general and the triangles serve little purpose other than to occupy space, which is a bad reason. However I think we're a little late for that particular crit he seems sold on it.

QualitySigns

Have a look at the final design. Other than some fine-tuning, kerning, etc., I'm done with it (unless anyone has any final comments). Thank you all for your input; it was greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Business Card - Front.jpg
    Business Card - Front.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 77
  • Business Card - Back.jpg
    Business Card - Back.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 63