• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Critique my Card - Final Round

SignosaurusRex

I still like the original with the vertical reverse side layout. You don't need anything other than logo on the front. Automatic response is to turn the card over for more info....and back to the front again to look at the name/logo......... increasing the time of attention to the card...and information contained on the card. The longer one pays attention to a biz card..... the less likelihood they will discard it or nonchalantly placing it aside. The reason I like the vertical....think about how one holds the card and then turns it over. The automatic position most of the time when turning the card is to a vertical/semi vertical position.
Of course there is always a certain amount of left hand/right hand physiology involved and there is a greater number of right-handed rather than left so one must determine what is the top of the reverse side in relation to the left or right side of the card front when flipped over by the majority.

Last edited:

ForgeInc

i like the typography you had in post one. bold font with light font. i also liked just the logo on the front, all other info on the back. at some point, you gotta make the call though.

grafixemporium

I think you guys are splitting hairs now. A bad design is a bad design... but now you guys are just getting into personal preferences. The last revision looks fine. Good job with the refinements. I particularly like the QS version of the logo. It would look great embroidered on a hat.

signswi

Attachments

• f.jpg
    f.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 100
  • b.jpg
    b.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 97
  • s.jpg
    s.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 76

QualitySigns

Thank you all for your final comments. I haven't printed the cards yet, so I will certainly consider your suggestions.

Jesse: thank you for the excellent reminder about margins. You did a great job on the thumbnails. I do have a file in CorelDraw with guidelines that I use to set up business cards - I just haven't put the cards in there yet. I should have done that before I posted my ideas.