• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Critique on a website I'm designing

signmeup

Let me know what you think of this layout. It's for an R/C model plane site. The product is r/c model airplane plans and parts.

Thought I would get some input while it's still just a single page......before I get too much time tied up in it. This is a screen capture. It's a Xara page with working buttons at the moment.

Attachments

• PAwebsite.jpg
    PAwebsite.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 172

Bannerday

Looks good.

Maybe the panels behind the logo and the banner
could be more of a golden yellow.

Some color to keep with the goldne theme.

G-Artist

I like it, color-wise as well as the overall layout. It has class. Not gaudy, overpowering, nor over-sedate.

signmeup

How about this yellow for a behind the name? I think I like how it separates the name from the buttons and picture panel. There will be more picture panels below the one that's show. When you click a picture you'll go the a detailed page of the product in the picture.

Attachments

• PAweb2.jpg
    PAweb2.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 136

Marlene

not seeing much of a change with the color. had to keep clicking back and and forth from post #1, can you put them side by side so we can see which looks better?

signmeup

I will try...
How about now?

Attachments

• PAwebsite.jpg
    PAwebsite.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 102
  • PAweb3.jpg
    PAweb3.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 125

signmeup

I <3 GeeBees.. have an R/C one myself.
Which one do you have? Hope it's not one of the pirated ones.... I shut down a few infringers of my designs. This is how I learned a lot about copyright law.

BTW... I had permission from the Granville estate to make these available. They even sent me documentation so I could get the models exactly right. They loved anybody that didn't go along with the myth that their designs were dangerous.

Marlene

I like it too. the only other thing you might try is making the little ribbon the yellow on the original version to see what that looks like. any way you end up doing it, it will be really nice.

dlndesign

You have a great layout. Its clean and gets the message accross. the only real crit I have is that red sphere in the logo, it just seems a little too big, and is kinda distracting in the entire layout, IMO. but otherwise, nice work so far.

signmeup

With Marlene's suggestion and a few minor tweaks like adding missing drop shadows.

Attachments

• PAweb4.jpg
    PAweb4.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 116