• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Critique Please!

SignosaurusRex

I feel like I'm out of gas here and the creative juices are not flowing smoothly. The customer likes 'Old School', and has no logo, no signs...nothing. He has paid me a nice deposit, is crazy loyal, I know him well and he gave me pretty much free reign to do as I please. I really want to hit a 'Home Run' for him.

Attachments

• FineLine_logo5.jpg
    FineLine_logo5.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 109

Cale Frederick

I think you did a nice job and it flows well! If they have nothing now then they should be very well pleased. The only thing that hit me after looking at it for a few moments is the "N" in LINE. I understand it but I can see someone out there trying to figure out what a FINE LIVIE is. I may be way off, but like I said I think it is a very nice design. I have been trying to figure out a better solution for the company I work for's logo. We are stuck using the initials of our company name since the actual name does not really apply to what we do now. we have tried to change it but we are locked into it for some legal reasons, or so says the owners anyway...

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Looks good to me too.
You might tighten up the drop shadow offset - it is making the smaller letters a little harder to read.

wayne k
guam usa

Marlene

I like it, just wondering why the reversed N, sorta confused my eye for a moment

agree. this design has a lot going on and it doesn't need the flipped "N". I love the colors and the fact that it can be done in black & white too. I'd fix that "N" or try it the way John suggested but I really don't think you need it as it has so much.

thinksigns

SnowFlake
Is the name of the company "Fine Line"? If it is, I don't think this works as a logo. If it is his storefront sign, I think its great.

visual800

If your trying for old style you got it. I would not change a thing, all fonts flow together ans are very compatible. Each font grabs my attention and makes me really read the sign. I love it now leave it alone

ucmj22

agree. this design has a lot going on and it doesn't need the flipped "N". I love the colors and the fact that it can be done in black & white too. I'd fix that "N" or try it the way John suggested but I really don't think you need it as it has so much.

I like it. He didnt just flip the N, the entire word FINE is mirrored. take note of the reversed E also. the only difference is the cross bar on the F was removed to make the L.

"Deposit Please"

I like the direction your taking it..I would try a medium blue as the background color and keep Canvas and Upholstery white.....and maybe a touch of another color incorporated in the circle part...that would go nicely with the blue.

John Butto

don'ttakethiswrong

I really like the layout you did, I am just messing with the FineLine layout for more of a button tag.

GB2

Old Member
I find the off balance flourishes above the Fine Line symbol to be exactly that...off balance and distracting from the rest of the design. I also think that the Canvas & Upholstery are out of place with the rest of the design, primarily because of the font choice but also there is too much of a shadow and the color seems off from the rest of the layout. Maybe you shouldn't have the shadow at all, I like the BW version better than the color. I'm sorry, I'm not trying to be entirely negative but constructively critical instead.

James Chrimes

I like where it is going. John, I see what you are trying, but when I look at it without a gap between the words it almost looks like ELDIE. I would like to see the original design with fine line in a light cream color without an outline.

Marlene

He didnt just flip the N, the entire word FINE is mirrored. take note of the reversed E also. the only difference is the cross bar on the F was removed to make the L.
yep, I missed that. I think if that section was the entire logo, I too would like it but I just think it is too complex to add into a design that all ready has so much going on in it, but that's just my opinion

SignosaurusRex

Is the name of the company "Fine Line"? If it is, I don't think this works as a logo. If it is his storefront sign, I think its great.
Yes, Fine Line is the company name. This particular layout is geared toward the main sign. The circular section would be the logo. I intend to create a series of signs...some with the 'Canvas & Upholstery' positioned below the logo, some with 'Handcrafted Canvas & Upholstery' replacing the Aicraft - Marine - Auto copy. A B&W of the final logo or one of the sign layouts will be used for a fabric tag to be sewn into product.

SignosaurusRex

I find the off balance flourishes above the Fine Line symbol to be exactly that...off balance and distracting from the rest of the design. I also think that the Canvas & Upholstery are out of place with the rest of the design, primarily because of the font choice but also there is too much of a shadow and the color seems off from the rest of the layout. Maybe you shouldn't have the shadow at all, I like the BW version better than the color. I'm sorry, I'm not trying to be entirely negative but constructively critical instead.

It's all good GB2, That's what I asked for. I like my coffee black and cereal plain... hold the sugar.