• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Critque?

Locals Find!

Off topic but, your about us page on your website tells me your a schmuck and I should never hire you. I mean from a business standpoint who the hell goes and tells their customers I opened a shop under $5000 by buying equipment on craigslist. Then you go tell customers I started making signs because it seemed easier then working for a living.

Come on Really?? Then you wanna be taken seriously here?? I may just be a broker now, but I worked in sign shops for a few years before making my leap. It took me 5 years of learning just to reach the design level I am out now and its not near where I wanna be. Your just an insult to everyone trying to do actually and run a sign business.

Last edited:

HulkSmash

oh. my. god.

You can't help someone who wants to be helped. Simple logic.

i went to your facebook page............um.....

Flame

Off topic but, your about us page on your website tells me your a schmuck and I should never hire you. I mean from a business standpoint who the hell goes and tells their customers I opened a shop under $5000 by buying equipment on craigslist. Then you go tell customers I started making signs because it seemed easier then working for a living.

Come on Really?? Then you wanna be taken seriously here?? I may just be a broker now, but I worked in sign shops for a few years before making my leap. It took me 5 years of learning just to reach the design level I am out now and its not near where I wanna be. Your just an insult to everyone trying to do actually and run a sign business.

SSSSHHHHHHHHHH, his site looks better than yours.

To JKA... dude, yah. You got a ways to go as that's um, pretty friggin bad. So, this is when you decide to pull out or grit it and start learning this trade from the beginning. If you want to learn how to work it, hey, you got my respect as you gotta start somewhere. Just don't...continue as you are plz :corndog:

JKADesigns

You couldn't but I did for you. Mainly because I've wished a few times someone had done that for me. Good Luck in your venture.

Thank you very much. I appreciate it. I know I'm not anywhere in your league or the league of most of the people on here, I'm just trying to make a little money doing something that doesn't ruin my hearing aids (sweating!) and learn some new stuff and meet some cool people along the way. I work in the cooler of the local grocery store for one of my other part time jobs!

If Jazzysigns doesn't work tonight my Godaddy and Hostgator is being a pain because I didn't host and register at the same place... Thought I'd save a few bucks but it's becoming a major pain in the rear.

Locals Find!

Thank you very much. I appreciate it. I know I'm not anywhere in your league or the league of most of the people on here, I'm just trying to make a little money doing something that doesn't ruin my hearing aids (sweating!) and learn some new stuff and meet some cool people along the way. I work in the cooler of the local grocery store for one of my other part time jobs!

If Jazzysigns doesn't work tonight my Godaddy and Hostgator is being a pain because I didn't host and register at the same place... Thought I'd save a few bucks but it's becoming a major pain in the rear.

Your welcome but, don't try to be at my level that is setting your sights way to low...Try to be on the level of the other guys on here. I am nothing special. I run a small operation that focuses on real estate. I am not the one to emulate. I hate my business most days. I would rather be making donuts for a living but, this is what I know how to do and I got kids to feed.

Hosting is cheaper with domainspricedright.com than godaddy they are actually a godaddy reseller. Same customer service line and everything. I use them for both my host and registar and I think I am only paying something like $8.00 a month for hosting for 12 domains.

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
I'm getting plenty of orders and compliments on my logo... it can always be changed in the future to reflect my design skills. Not doing much beyond basic design work at this time for anyone anyway. Wall art and yard signs don't take much. There are two "professional" sign shops in my town, targeting demographics that don't go there anyway.

First, you probably won't get a compliment here on the site, we've seen people design their own logos badly for a long time and you should know better if you read through even 10-15 posts in the logo design section. Second, while you might think that designing out wall art and yard signs 'don't take much' ... they require at least an eye for design from what I've seen on your website, you're not using that eye very much. Just saying it doesn't is insulting to everyone who knows better. Hell, doesn't even look like you know your copy area or emphasis of size. Also, I'll confirm it, candy. your thumbnails are fine, you click on the image ... candy pops up.

Since everyone gave you honest critiques which you pretty much blew off as a whole, I'm done with you. good luck.

Jillbeans

I'm really glad you appreciated my taking a few minutes to mock up a suggestion for you.
I now realize that you have to be joeslawn, a member who I felt should have been deleted long ago.
I'm going to go back and see if I can remove my attachment from the other page.

TwoNine

Over 1200 FONTS! Whoa. LoL.

This guy's a Pho King hack! Unreal. :noway:

Stick to the farm, Farmer Joe. (Lil' FB reference there!)

Farmer Joe.......:ROFLMAO:

JKADesigns

Y'all don't realize how much I'm enjoying annoying the hell out of some of the "professional" sign makers here, appreciating the help of other sign makers that are closer to my level (Adtechia) and learning all I can. :flamey:

HulkSmash

Y'all don't realize how much I'm enjoying annoying the hell out of some of the "professional" sign makers here, appreciating the help of other sign makers that are closer to my level (Adtechia) and learning all I can. :flamey:

I've come to the conclusion you have an extra chromosome

tsgstl

Quite the charmer

Way to never get help from anyone on here ever and insult the one who was helping you out the most.
Interesting logic I might add, irritate the ones that you perceive to be the most successful.

Fitch

"I'm getting plenty of orders and compliments on my logo"

You surely can't be serious. Put down the mouse and pick up your camera. Drive from one end of town to the other and take a picture of every well designed, well crafted sign you see. Signs that actually WORK.

Then go home, turn the computer off pick up a HB pencil and a pad and start improving on all of the signs that you took pictures of, Have a look at element size, contrast, colour, design, layout, negative space, the way that all the elements "speak" to each other that make the sign what it is. A sign is a visual communication tool. That is YOUR role for your client - getting their message across as quickly and as professional as possible.

Keep drawing daily in a sketch pad, and after a month, pick three best designs, and reproduce it on the computer. See how close you can get to what is in your brain versus what is on the screen. DO NOT change or amend anything from your original design. Once finished, make three variations of the same design, changing font, font size, font weight, colour, and any element such as grapes, stars, horses or whatever the sign is mean to be selling, or the story to be told.

Design is best related in these terms: "Just because you own a guitar, doesn't make you a musician". In other words, EVERYONE has a computer..... it's what you do with it that makes you unique.

Remember.... a picture paints a thousand words. A sign should tell a story of who what where etc in no more than 8 seconds.

Good Luck

OH...and PS: Whilst we all like to believe what people tell us... skill and speed comes with time and that is reflected in the final design. BUT if you believe a good design is "knocked out" in a couple of minutes... you most likely believe in the tooth fairy. We just don't like to admit that something took us 2 hrs to do.

Last edited: