• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Crooks, Thevies and just bad people.

Davidford7

Ok, got to get this off my chest. I went to get gas this morning and my credit/debit card was rejected. What the hell. called the bank and balance was 0. Something was wrong. After getting hold a person at the bank I discovered someone had gotten my CC number and went to 2 drugs stores and bought $200 worth of gift cards and each. Then traveled 2 miles down the road from there to a Target and bought over a $1000 of gift cards ($200 at a time) within 15 minutes and then went to another Target and bought more. Thousands cleaned out in minutes.

I have the card in my wallet and it has never left my sight. I do not use it on line because it's my social security account.
We puled the video from one store and the person using it had a card they swiped and the clerk ask for ID. WTF

The money was to be used to buy Christmas presents for the kids. Bank says it'll take 3-5 days to clear up and get the money back in the account. That means after Christmas. Thank goodness we had money in a savings account at the Credit Union or it would be a bleak Christmas for the 7 kids. I guess this is one thing that can happen when you wait to the last minute to do Christmas shopping.

Merry Christmas to all (except the low life that stole my money.)

Wow and still feel bad.

David

Gino

Premium Subscriber
That's terrible.

I hope you can have a Merry Chrsitmas and when you catch these thieves..... drag 'em through the streets on their bellies.

phototec

Sorry to haer that!

Yep, last night on the national news, they said there were several scam website collecting money for the victim's for the Newtown killings, the funds being collected were NOT going to the victim's.

Some people will stoop real low to get your money...

Let us now how they got your CC #?

showcase 66

Sucks to hear that. Hope they catch the bastards. It always seems to happen around this time of year. More scumbags come out around this time of year. I hate it.

My wife had her purse stolen two Sundays ago from the Walmart parking lot. That has been fun to deal with. Got everything taken care of except we forgot about our shell card for gas. Got a call from them yesterday saying that my balance exceeded my limit. I only use it for business. $2500 in gas in less than 2 weeks.

ChicagoGraphics

I'm going thru the same thing with my bank now, someone got one of my business debit card numbers and cleaned all the money out of my account, it was used mainly at 1 online store in the UK.

I was told by my bank to fill out a police report in case they catch the person, maybe you should do that seeing you saw video of someone using your card.

slappy

so you pulled the video? I'm going to assume you live in the area by target that it was used at?? Maybe gotten a new card due to expiring soon that might have been taken? Your bank sounds like it kinda sucks also. I get a lot of customers that might have to call their bank to confirm a large purchase or multiple large transactions in one day, something like a cap. This time of year i sometimes can't get their card to go through till they call the bank cause they were out shopping and spent x amount and i'm now trying to ring up x and they reached the cap. As annoyed as they get when they call the bank, i see it as protection. Might wanna find another bank. Best of luck finding the jerk

401Graphics

ive had my credit card number stolen before, nothing that was expensive was purchased though. I just happened to catch purchases on my statement that i didn't make. Called the credit card company and they confirmed my card had been compromised. they reversed the purchases, and issued me a new card. Now i always check my statements. And i usually get a phone call almost right away when large purchases are made with my card to confirm i made it. also my debit card has a cap of $400 a day.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Crappy timing for someone to do this to you (not that there is ever a good time to be robbed).
Hope the cc guys fix you up quick.

My security plan keeps me immune to this type of theft.
I keep all my cards totally maxed out so if they get swiped they get declined.

wayne k
guam usa

johnnysigns

This is my third business debit card that I've had reissued in three years. Not sure where the card info was swiped but I've had all kinds of fraudulent charges pop up and the card number + corresponding info flat out stolen w/out losing my physical card. I don't know if that equates to me swiping on a machine that had a strip reader or something that occurred online, but it seems par for the course if you use a card liberally for purchases. Like I said I had limited exposure and it could've been worse so I check my statements constantly now which is a good thing.

John Butto

You get Social Security and you have 7 kids. How old are you. Debit cards are the worst for abuse. Get yourself an American Express card, then when the lowlife goes to Target and shows the American Express, they will surely ask for picture ID.