• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Crop Mark problem (Last crop mark)

Riskok

Hello guys

My Roland SP-540v cant find the last crop mark on a print i did.
Does any one know why?
I have tried using light etc. so it could find it but it dosent help.

Best Regards Patrik :thankyou:

Slamdunkpro

Always only the last crop mark or does it randomly have trouble finding marks? Could be that the ribbon cable is going bad, that's what happened on mine.

Mosh

Try lining up the front crop marks a little ahead where you usually do. Every once in a while ours does not find the crop marks, we just move the media adhead, or back until it finds it. Or yes it might be a bad ribbon cable.

Letterbox Mike

I don't have a Roland so I may be way off base, but we went through a couple Graphtec plotters that wouldn't read a registration mark for anything unless the room was as dark as possible. Did you try turning the lights off to see if that works? I guess this is assuming the Roland mark sensor is of the reflective type (with a light) like the Graphtec (and Summa and others...).

Dunno that would solve it or if this is an entirely different problem, that just popped into my head.

Mainframe

Sometimes I run the heavy black roller I got with my speedpress over the crop marks before I feed them back in the machine after I lam them.

heyskull

My Mutoh plotter won't read reg marks when the sun is shinning through the window in the morning!
I cover it over and it normally works

SC

artray

Hello guys

My Roland SP-540v cant find the last crop mark on a print i did.
Does any one know why?

I had that problem with my Roland GX 24" a few months ago. There were two solutions to my problem. The first was to much gloss on the crop mark. A very light sanding did the trick and the second solution was the software setting. It was not set for contouring cutting. When I reversed the setting it read the crop mark correctly.

Slamdunkpro

A couple of more thoughts:
Is it only this one print? Is it Laminated? If so it could be that the print got stretched a little and is now outside the 5 degree skew tolerance.

How large is the print? Have you tried setting the base points manually?

ABCPrinting

I've had the same problem at times with my Graphtec. Trace over the crop marks with a felt pen. Has worked for me every time.

Riskok

I never got it to read all the crop marks. But I did set the basepoint deadcenter over the first crop mark and did a base point. This worked like a charm!