• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Crop marks not accurate

psbc2009

I am printing to 1614 & 1604's using flexi 10.0.3 I have noticed when trimming to the crop marks my length is 1/2 inch short and the width is usually right on or +1/8. Most of our files are PDF's or jpeg's. Usually I can work around this but sometimes it is a real pain and makes things difficult. Is there some setting/calibration?? Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!

rjssigns

Not sure how Mutoh works, but most printers have an internal feed calibration. You would need to access it through the keypad on the printer.

LizardWraps

There is an easy fix for that. there is a setting on your printer to calibrate it.. what it does is prints a small dash on your media, then rolls out the media and makes another line.. you remove the media from the printer and measure it in millimeters, then you put the mm into the control panel.. Thats it.. I'm at home now, but if you need a step by step, let me know and I can walk you thru it.. Tomorow I will be in 9:30 till 5:30..