• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Crop Marks

Signguy100

Hey gang,

I have an old ESX-500 Roland or SC-500 apparently same thing, and it scans for the crop marks but then errors out saying cropmarks lost. Not sur ehwy this started all of a sudden. Tried power down, cleaning the sensor etc. but no change...any thoughts ??? Thanks

splizaat

Not enough light on the crop marks..is the room that the printer is in kind of dark? Try shining a flash light on the dots as the printer searches for the dots...

Signguy100

Lighting

Yes, I have a gooseneck light that I usually have aimed there. Have tried both more and less lighting.... Don't understand, I didn't change anything in settings....

2B

when our roland can't find the marks there are 2 things we try 1. take a sharpie and darken the crop marks (usually works) if not take some black vinyl and cover the crop marks up.

splizaat

After you printed (but before you laminated) did you, by chance, hit the button that reads the media width? I haven't tried it but have been told doing so between printing and laminating will make it not cut or find marks either.