Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cropmark problem, find the first two but not the other two.

Discussion in 'Roland' started by zm71, Jun 27, 2011.

1. zm71

zm71 Member

Oct 18, 2010
    Hi all.

Ive had this problem twice now, last time i reprinted all. Dont wanna do it again.

My sp300 is finding my first two cropmarks but doesnt go all the way to the last two. stops like 2 in before the cropmarks and doing the little dance back and forth, trying to find it.

What should i do?? Any tips?

:thankyou:

sorry for typo&grammar.

Tags:
  2. HulkSmash

HulkSmash Major Contributor

Sep 10, 2010
    Denver.
    make sure you have enough media after the crop marks.

3. zm71

zm71 Member

Oct 18, 2010
    it says min 9cm (about 3,5in) and i got about 12cm but ill think about that next time.

4. rushworks graphics

rushworks graphics Very Active Member

Jun 29, 2010
    you can tape some scrap material onto the back of the material you need to cut to "fool" the printer.
    also, if you are laminating the material, this can cause you problems if the "eye" does not read the crop mark. you can either press with your thumb/finger over the crop mark to remove the silvering as this can cause problems or you can cut out the laminate around the crop mark so it reads it better.

5. zm71

zm71 Member

Oct 18, 2010
    Thanks a lot for the tip. Appreciated!

6. zm71

zm71 Member

Oct 18, 2010
    Nope, nothing works. Tryed a couple of adjustments in the service manual and nothing works. Lots of media behind and bef the cropmarks. It stops a couple of in before the last two crops.....

Works sometimes, 2-3 decals out of 8 has the printer been able to find the crop marks.. seems like an major problem.

7. rushworks graphics

rushworks graphics Very Active Member

Jun 29, 2010
    have you cleaned the encoder strip? if thats dirty that will cause you all sorts of problems.

8. ProWraps

ProWraps Very Active Member

Sep 30, 2009
    San Francisco, CA
    turn down the intensity of the laser eye. trust me.

9. zm71

zm71 Member

Oct 18, 2010
    How?

Works with manual crops.... tho....