Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cross contamination of M lines

Discussion in 'Mutoh' started by SummitSignsandmore, Oct 29, 2019.

1. SummitSignsandmore

SummitSignsandmore Active Member

Jul 16, 2009
    PA
    My Mutoh 1204 sometime experiences cross contamination of my M ink? When the machine sits a couple days without printing or over the weekend sometime when I come in the magenta lines are cross contaminated black. I have to run the M ink solid for awhile to get the M back to printing the correct output.

My ink cartridges aren't low.

Tags:
  2. BIG EASY DOES IT

BIG EASY DOES IT Very Active Member

Mar 14, 2011
    CA
    Possibly Dampner for the magenta line leaking slightly somewhere or just not holding and the magenta is sucking black up from the capping station as it drains? Just throwing it out there. Haven't seen this issue on our machine.

3. SummitSignsandmore

SummitSignsandmore Active Member

Jul 16, 2009
    PA
    Thank you so much for your input!. I'll start with some fresh dampers and see if it will eliminate the issue.

4. heyskull

heyskull Very Active Member

Sep 2, 2007
    UK
    This can also be due to the capping station lint touching the head when it is parked.

SC

• Like Like x 1