• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

crosscut in the middle of a job?

allstargraphics

We have a FC8000 and the automatic cross cut after a job is turned on, so we can send a few jobs and have it cross cut between them. However, when we send a real long job, its crosscutting it in the middle of the job... right at about 80" into it. Is there a max length setting or something that I'm missing?

Thanks!

Sign Works

I recall 10 years ago cutting the first job on my new Graphtec FC4100 cutter, the job was 15' and the cutter stoped at 60", pulled out the manual to find that there was a factory default max length setting of 60", I changed it to 600" and havn't had any length problems since, the FC8000 series may have a similiar setting, I'd recommend checking your manual.

Case

The default of page length is set to under 100" from the factory on the FC8000... They have released a firmware update v1.50 on graphtec's website that changes the default to 1078" or you can go in and manually changed the the amount yourself. I would recommend getting the firmware update as there are other various fixes and updates on it as well... The release notes are also on Graphtec's website...

Some of the updates or changes with firmware v1.50:
1. Default of Page length : 1078”
2. Default of Pen Up Move : Enable
3. Default of Command setting : Auto
4. Unit of Blade length : English (when inch is selected)
5. Add “CUTTING PRO” test cut
6. Display the cut area (when FAST key or Position Key pressed)
7. Copy function when auto command detect mode set to on
8. Registration mark detection setting fix

www.graphtecamerica.com

http://www.graphtecamerica.com/firmware_cuttingplotters/FC8000/FC8000v150.zip

http://www.graphtecamerica.com/firmware_cuttingplotters/FC8000/FC8000Firmware-15_ReleaseNotes.pdf

Case

allstargraphics

We have version 1.50, but I just went in and changed the units from metric to inch and then set the length to 1150"

Thanks for the help!

whatsinaname

automatic cross cuts in between various jobs

We have a FC8000 and the automatic cross cut after a job is turned on, so we can send a few jobs and have it cross cut between them....

I hv been looking to do this..Send a number of jobs at once and have my graphtec FC7000 do automatic cross cuts in between the various jobs..can somebody help me out on this ?

Thnx