• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CS3 on Vista 64bit?

blackicefx

I just purchased a Toshiba laptop with Vista64 bit and am wanting to install CS3 on it. Now, I know that CS3 is 32bit and that Vista will run both 32bit and 64bit programs. However, how many problems with I have installing? I know I need to redirect PS's plug-in path to the correct 32bit plug-ins, but are there other issues I need to know about?

Thanks,
Matthew
BlackIceFX

AKWD

Ran CS3 on V64 for a long while. I didn't even have to do anything with the plugin folder myself; Just had to remember to install them into the right directory if there was a self-extracting installer. No other problems. Just keep in mind that likely since you got 64bit, you have 4GB memory; CS3 will not allocate up to that much. With 4GB it isn't so critical anyways unless you're doing huge files in PS.

CS4 is all 32bit anyways except Photoshop. Most apps don't use that much memory.