• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CS5 educational

CentralSigns

Just wondering has anyone used the educational version of CS5. Is it fully functionable. I don't use it I use Corel X3, but my daughter needs photoshop, for a school program. I thought of maybe getting her the full suite for $500 they want, and evaluating the suite at the same time, for our sign shop. I'm also looking at a web design course that would require dreamweaver as well. Any ideas on this ? thanks

iSign

if I'm not mistaken, the only difference is acceptance of a user license prohibiting any commercial use, so for your daughter, and your own evaluation purposes, i believe it is the full enchilada, for a fraction of the cost!

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
I've used the academic cersion of Illustrator CS, and it was 100% functional and printed no "academic use only" watermarks. I would imagine newer software is the same.

You can download a free 30 day, fully functional demo of the commercial software if you want to give it a test drive first.

WildWestDesigns

Educational version also only allows for 1 computer to be running the programs at one time instead of the 3 computers with the "full" version. I looked at getting that version as well when I was still getting my Masters, but I needed to put it on at least 2 computers.