Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CS5 educational

Discussion in 'Adobe' started by CentralSigns, Dec 24, 2010.

1. CentralSigns

CentralSigns Very Active Member

Jan 23, 2010
    Golden BC
    Just wondering has anyone used the educational version of CS5. Is it fully functionable. I don't use it I use Corel X3, but my daughter needs photoshop, for a school program. I thought of maybe getting her the full suite for $500 they want, and evaluating the suite at the same time, for our sign shop. I'm also looking at a web design course that would require dreamweaver as well. Any ideas on this ? thanks

Tags:
  2. iSign

iSign Major Contributor

Nov 29, 2003
    Kahului, Maui
    if I'm not mistaken, the only difference is acceptance of a user license prohibiting any commercial use, so for your daughter, and your own evaluation purposes, i believe it is the full enchilada, for a fraction of the cost!

3. James Burke

James Burke Being a grandpa is more fun than working

Jan 2, 2010
    Mitten State
    I've used the academic cersion of Illustrator CS, and it was 100% functional and printed no "academic use only" watermarks. I would imagine newer software is the same.

You can download a free 30 day, fully functional demo of the commercial software if you want to give it a test drive first.

4. WildWestDesigns

WildWestDesigns Major Contributor

Sep 27, 2010
    Mid TN
    Educational version also only allows for 1 computer to be running the programs at one time instead of the 3 computers with the "full" version. I looked at getting that version as well when I was still getting my Masters, but I needed to put it on at least 2 computers.