• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CS5 is available

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
Some cool features in Illustrator... I do believe we get an unlimited workspace now... not that is matters to me since I design in scale but that argument can go away. I dig the gradient enhancements, the design in back feature and pathfinder changes are interesting but now I probably have more keyboard shortcuts to remember, and the stroke features and perspective are really cool. Just not ready to plop down the 600 bucks for the Premium Suite and 150 dollar CadTools upgrade.

Last edited:

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
Do you mean i can design something 200FT and save or export it at 200FT ?

I'm playing with it right now.... Well I should not believe everything I read.... it's limited to 227 inches. Really never a big deal to me, but some people like to design full size. P

sjm

I'm playing with it right now.... Well I should not believe everything I read.... it's limited to 227 inches. Really never a big deal to me, but some people like to design full size. P

At scale is the only way to design. Of course if you use crops marks for your designs at a smaller scale and then enlarging it can pose a problem. Has anyone figured out how get rid of crops marks whilst ensuring the finishing department doesn't need to rely on a tape measure?

Salmoneye

What keeps them from including a rip and blowing all these other programs out of the water? Seems like it would be a slam dunk.

Rooster

What keeps them from including a rip and blowing all these other programs out of the water? Seems like it would be a slam dunk.

The number of interfaces they'd need to implement for different printers. Many of which are closed systems that require significant reverse engineering.

Why would Adobe get into the rip game? They wrote postscript and get a royalty from every RIP sold that uses it. It's the core functionality of every RIP out there and they own it.

Why chase down the end consumer when they can offload that risk to another company and just take a cut of their sales instead?

34Ford

Have they ever made a Illustrator that zooms with the mouse roller and you dont have to hold the alt key?

I love the zoom in PS.