• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CS5.. pantone colors from illustrator to photoshop dont match... a tip.

petesign

Here's an example - I am dropping a single color logo from illustrator to photoshop, that is 021C. I also have some other 021C objects (which I defined using the color book in photoshop) - they aren't even close to matching. So I do a search on Adobe's site about this problem, and they say

"For Illustrator CS2 and later:
In Illustrator CS2 and later, you can match the PANTONE swatches to Photoshop CS and later versions of the swatches by selecting the "Use LAB Values specified by the book manufacturer" option in the Spot Colors option dialog box. To access the Spot Colors dialog box, select Spot Colors from the Swatches panel menu."

I made this change, and it fixed the problem. If you do a lot of dragging and dropping from photshop to illustrator and use color books, you want to look into this. Just thought I would pass this along.