• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ctrl D ( duplicate ) problems

CP Signs

Good day. Not sure if I pushed something to change my settings, but when I use the Ctrl D function to duplicate, the object being duplicated goes just about anywhere on my work space. It used to duplicate very close to the original one. Anybody where the settings are for that function? I looked, can't find anything.

Thanks in advance

signage

Why don't you say what it was for future people or next time it happens to you?

Wouldn't it be nice to search and find it rather than I found the fix thank you!

CP Signs

Sure,,,but it's not a fix to duplicate next to original,,,it's a work around, and good enough for me. Here it is;

Is there a better way to duplicate an object and excercise some control over its placement?

If you've tried using Flexi's Duplicate command (in the Edit menu), the placement of the duplicated object may seem haphazard. After you select Duplicate, the new object seems to appear at a random location. In fact, the new object appears the distance from the original that the original was last moved. For example, if you create a square, move it two inches to the right, then duplicate it, the copy appears two inches to the right of the original. Confused yet? Here's another way you can place the duplicate:

Select the object. On a Macintosh, hold the Option key as you move the object. On a PC, hold the Ctrl key as you move it. A copy is created, and can be placed by releasing your mouse.

J Hill Designs

you can also click the right mouse button once while dragging the object, and it will be copied instead of moved (you can toggle copy/move on and off with the RMB while dragging too)