• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cube Van Job... Happy Customer!

Tim Aucoin

I don't do too much vehicle decaling, but I do love doing it when it comes along! This customer simply wanted their logo and info on their cube van for advertising/branding while they do deliveries/pick-ups. She was very happy with the finished product!
Burgundy vinyl is Avery 900 (to match specific colour request). Black vinyl is Oracle 751. It was quite cold in the bay where I installed and it posed a few challenges... but overall it went pretty good! :smile:

Attachments

• IMG_0553.jpg
    IMG_0553.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_0554.jpg
    IMG_0554.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0552.jpg
    IMG_0552.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 38

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Looks really good.

I think it's a little low on the sides and I understand you wanted to miss those big rivets, but sometimes you gotta do what's right and not easy. Hope that came out right and doesn't sound mean...... just an observation. :wink:

TammieH

Looks really good.

I think it's a little low on the sides and I understand you wanted to miss those big rivets, but sometimes you gotta do what's right and not easy. Hope that came out right and doesn't sound mean...... just an observation. :wink:

I thought the same thing, a little bit low, I would have placed it 6-8" higher, but...the customer is happy, so my opinion means squat LOL

Tim Aucoin

Looks really good.

Doesn't sound mean at all Gino! I appreciate the constructive criticism!! :smile:
Truth be known... I didn't bring my ladder (or step stool) upstairs with me to do the job, and that's as high as I could reach!!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Okay, so not really!! One of those visual things I need to learn!!

Tim Aucoin

I thought the same thing, a little bit low, I would have placed it 6-8" higher, but...the customer is happy, so my opinion means squat LOL

No... your opinion is valuable to me (just like the opinion of all of my good friends on here)!! I appreciate it very much!
Yes, customer was very happy and she won't know any different. But... I now know different for the next one! Yeah, those big rivets would be a pain in the arse, but it doesn't mean I can't work with them. A little heat:ROFLMAO: helps in those situations!!! :smile:

Last edited:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
No... your opinion is valuable to me (just like the opinion of all of my good friends on here)!! I appreciate it very much!
Yes, customer was very happy and she won't know any different. But... I now know different for the next one! Yeah, those big rivets would be a pain in the arse, but it doesn't mean I can't work with them
. A little head helps in those situations!!! :smile:

That's the best thing ANYONE has ever said on this forum..... or out-loud for that matter.............. !!!!

Tim Aucoin

That's the best thing ANYONE has ever said on this forum..... or out-loud for that matter.............. !!!!

OMG!!!!!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: That was supposed to say "A little HEAT helps"!!! I'm so frigging embarrassed now!!! Tammie is gonna think I'm a perv!:covereyes:

Jillbeans

Simple and clean. I would have probably done the same thing. I got a really nice little folding step ladder @ Lowe's for under $15, I take it everywhere.
And remember we are only a few days away from March 14th so you may get your wish, Tim.
:Big Laugh
Love....Jill

phototec

Tim, it does look good, but I have to agree, it really is a tad bit low, graphic design wise, if it was just a little higher it would look better.

And regarding your "A little head helps", that is true also for heat!!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

:Canada:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
OMG!!!!!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: That was supposed to say "A little HEAT helps"!!! I'm so frigging embarrassed now!!! Tammie is gonna think I'm a perv!:covereyes:

Tammie.....?? Everyone already knows it, especailly the Nor-Easterners. Gosh the stories we could tell from those week-ends, but like Vegas, it's all good a stays here.:wink:

Why did you change it...... that was the bestest thing ever. That could've made Fred's Best thread list..... as the Biggie from Alberta........ and ya know what that'll get ya...... huh ??

Tim Aucoin

Tammie.....?? Everyone already knows it, especailly the Nor-Easterners. Gosh the stories we could tell from those week-ends, but like Vegas, it's all good a stays here.:wink:

Why did you change it...... that was the bestest thing ever. That could've made Fred's Best thread list..... as the Biggie from Alberta........ and ya know what that'll get ya...... huh ??

I did go and try to change it back, but I think I passed the editing deadline! Fred? After all, it was an honest mistake and perhaps it was one of those "subconscious" thoughts?? :rolleyes:

Tim Aucoin

i dont apply vinyl unless its at least 65 DEGREES....18 in your world)))))

I hear ya OP! It wasn't too bad... I was in the loading dock bay of our office building. Problem is/was that when someone would open the big bay door... a blast of cold air came in!! I'd say it was average 15-18C in there. I just had to be careful peeling off the mask and I went over the entire install with a heat gun afterwards to get it warm and give it a little head start on the adhesion. Worked like a charm. Told the customer not to wash it for a couple weeks so the vinyl has a chance to set when the weather warms up next week. :thumb: