Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Curing Power Regulator

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Commando, Dec 18, 2019.

1. Commando

Commando Member

Oct 11, 2013
    Tennessee
    HP Latex 360 Printer has a curing power regulator. This is the third one and its starting to go bad. Keeps stopping in the middle of printing and we are having to re-print.
    HP charges a minimum of 1500 bucks to come out here and fix it. It costing too much at this point..
    Anyone know of third party techs who can fix this and wont charge so much for an hour and a half of their time?

Tags:
  2. Commando

Commando Member

Oct 11, 2013
    Tennessee
    Did I mention this one got put in, in May? :mad:

3. BlueMoonATL

BlueMoonATL Member

Jun 23, 2009
    Nashville
    If there is a controller for the regulator, I'd start looking at that. With that many going bad, it has to get something else unless you have the worst luck in the world. Where in TN are you? I know an independent tech out of Atlanta that could help, but it won't be any benefit if he has to drive out to past Nashville to get to you. Let me know.

4. Commando

Commando Member

Oct 11, 2013
    Tennessee
    I am in between Memphis and Nashville.
    See, we have a newer model as well and haven't had one go bad.
    Im not sure if there is a controller or not. The techs have never mentioned it.

5. BlueMoonATL

BlueMoonATL Member

Jun 23, 2009
    Nashville
    Did you buy it from Grimco or Athens Paper? Has HP support been out or has it been Bell & Howell techs? Athens has a tech based in Nashville. I can get his name/number if you like.

6. Commando

Commando Member

Oct 11, 2013
    Tennessee
    Grimco
    It has been HP every time.
    If you don't mind!

7. BlueMoonATL

BlueMoonATL Member

Jun 23, 2009
    Nashville
    Adam Kirk -Athens Paper. See attachment for number/email. Good luck to you!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Commando

Commando Member

Oct 11, 2013
    Tennessee
    Thanks a bunch, Blue!

• Like Like x 1
  9. MMPLarge Format

MMPLarge Format Member

Jul 18, 2019
    Post what the problem was when you figure it out. I have a 360 as well and haven't had any issues like that but would be good to know if the need ever arose.

10. greysquirrel

greysquirrel Active Member

Aug 13, 2015
    West Berlin, NJ
    do yourself a favor and confirm your power. take the panel cover off you breaker box...send a file to the printer. Have your meters on before the file is submitted and watch the numbers...if you are going above 230v or spiking, the issue is at the source. You may want to invest in a buck booster to lower your power. These printers are pretty reliable. imo

11. Gabil

Gabil Gary

Nov 23, 2018
    New York
    Where are you located?

12. Commando

Commando Member

Oct 11, 2013
    Tennessee
    It was something in the wiring in the wall. It was causing the current to be unstable.