• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Curing Power Regulator

Commando

HP Latex 360 Printer has a curing power regulator. This is the third one and its starting to go bad. Keeps stopping in the middle of printing and we are having to re-print.
HP charges a minimum of 1500 bucks to come out here and fix it. It costing too much at this point..
Anyone know of third party techs who can fix this and wont charge so much for an hour and a half of their time?

TrustMoore_TN

Sign & Graphics Business Consultant
If there is a controller for the regulator, I'd start looking at that. With that many going bad, it has to get something else unless you have the worst luck in the world. Where in TN are you? I know an independent tech out of Atlanta that could help, but it won't be any benefit if he has to drive out to past Nashville to get to you. Let me know.

Commando

If there is a controller for the regulator, I'd start looking at that. With that many going bad, it has to get something else unless you have the worst luck in the world. Where in TN are you? I know an independent tech out of Atlanta that could help, but it won't be any benefit if he has to drive out to past Nashville to get to you. Let me know.
I am in between Memphis and Nashville.
See, we have a newer model as well and haven't had one go bad.
Im not sure if there is a controller or not. The techs have never mentioned it.

TrustMoore_TN

Did you buy it from Grimco or Athens Paper? Has HP support been out or has it been Bell & Howell techs? Athens has a tech based in Nashville. I can get his name/number if you like.

TrustMoore_TN

Adam Kirk -Athens Paper. See attachment for number/email. Good luck to you!

Attachments

• B5071A2F-3BDD-4D11-A898-B1276878B6D3.png
    B5071A2F-3BDD-4D11-A898-B1276878B6D3.png
    210.3 KB · Views: 166

MMPLarge Format

Post what the problem was when you figure it out. I have a 360 as well and haven't had any issues like that but would be good to know if the need ever arose.

greysquirrel

do yourself a favor and confirm your power. take the panel cover off you breaker box...send a file to the printer. Have your meters on before the file is submitted and watch the numbers...if you are going above 230v or spiking, the issue is at the source. You may want to invest in a buck booster to lower your power. These printers are pretty reliable. imo