• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Curious about Graphic Tablets... or some such item

Team Valhalla

So...

If it can be hooked to a monitor, then the issue that Mr. Wright was describing shouldn't be an issue...? I believe he's referring to seeing it on the screen of the Pro.

"Programs such as Photoshop have very small toolbars with no touch functions like pinch to zoom etc.
Hard to work in that environment. You can scale windows to display larger but Adobe doesn't play nice in that."

SP

peavey123

I use the intuos line from Wacom. Medium size. It's awesome. Spec-wise (pressure, sensitivity, tilt, pens) everything is the same between intuos and cintiq other than the screen obviously. Cintiq is a want not a need IMHO unless you have crappy drawing skills to begin with...

WildWestDesigns

Cintiq is a want not a need IMHO unless you have crappy drawing skills to begin with...

If you are lacking there, the Cintiq isn't going to be any more helpful then the Intuos.

It is much more natural way to draw then the Intuos and Bamboo line.

However, technically speaking, neither are really a need, but a want as it is. After all, a regular monitor and mouse should be sufficient to do anything that we need it to do. Certainly in terms of just photo manipulation as is this case.