• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Curious to what people are charging a sq ft for wraps in your area???

I was just curious as to what most people are charging per sq ft in there area for wraps. We seem to be getting under bid a lot more lately. I base all my wraps out of an estimator system and use 3m materials ex. 180cv3 and Ij40c for flat surfaces and so on. Just curious as to why i am losing biz and what people are charging thanks!!!

tsgstl

I wondered what was going on, it seemed like it had been at least 4 days since I have seen this thread. Thanks for meeting the quota

Gino

Premium Subscriber
What a coincidence, I was wondering the same thing.... how much are you guys getting for wraps in the Kansas area ??

I understand there will always be someone with less overhead and can really low-ball and estimate, but i want to at least be comp. on my pricing. wraps used to be our bread and butter doing two to three a week now were less than 3 a month. we have been working between 11 and 12 a sq ft for full wraps using 3m ij180cv3 that was a comfortable number for us in the past with our workload and overhead taken into consideration. Here recently my volume and workload has picked up a lot and i know i can afford to come down quite a bit on that price I just dont want to be way underselling.

tsgstl

Base your business model after your goals and needs and not worry about the competitors. Sell yourself

Gino

Premium Subscriber
With that much experience in doing it and pricing it, I would say you need to look into if the people are going elsewhere and if so..... what they're getting for their money. If the cheaper shops are knocking out slop, why stoop to their standard ?? You evidently know what it takes to keep your doors open, so keep going for the quality and professional approach and let the others kiss your behind, since you said things are picking up again for you.

kstompaint

I can't imagine ever going below 11-12 (for a vehicle I won't even go that low) unless it's something simple & flat like a box trailer and even then no less than 10 at a minimum. Otherwise, it ain't worth doing.

Thanks for the responses guys and that's what we try to do we put out a quality wrap and in a timely manner and strive to do the best work we can i wont let **** go out my doors. And im not going to skimp on material or labor to reach a 8-10 dollar range on wraps guess it boils down to quality control...makes me sick to think a guy down the road is doing twice the wraps as me at half the quality and half the price n half the time. I just hope that the clients he is taking realize what kind of work they are getting and i prevail in the end.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
The only way to do a pricing analysis, IMHO, is to track how many quotes turn into orders while changing certain variables such as sq. ft. rate. Because you need a reasonable amount of quotes to reduce your sampling error, it has to be done over a period of time ... but let's say we're shooting for 25 or more quotes tracked at each amount of sq. ft. rate.

So, for example, you might quote 25 or more jobs at $12 per foot, then $13, $14, and $15. You would still keep whatever other variables such as difficulty, complexity, etc. that you would add in otherwise.

Then, after you have enough quotes and orders, you compile the results. For example:

Rate = 12
Quotes = 30
Orders = 27
Close % = 90

Rate = 13
Quotes = 25
Orders = 20
Close % = 80

Rate = 14
Quotes = 30
Orders = 21
Close % = 70

Rate = 15
Quotes = 32
Orders = 16
Close % = 50

As you can see in my example, the higher the rate the lower the closing percentage. In my experience, the optimum closing percentage should be around 70%. If higher, you're undercharging and leaving money on the table. If lower, then you're overcharging and losing profitable orders. Run your own tracking survey and judge for yourself. You might find that you can use $20 a sq. ft. and still hit 70%.

Artgunner

Are you using any manufacture programs? This is a very interesting concept that will shed light on bidding issues.

nashvillesigns

Making America great, one sign at a time.
while pricing is always fun, getting the customer to understand the difference between 3m and "other" material is twice as hard as getting the job. Up here is new england, people faint when you even mention 9-10 per square. i started at 15 per and worked my way down. after that, i decided "the only wrapping i do is around christmas eve."