• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cursed customer

gnubler

I have a customer who are also casual friends of mine, have known them for years. They started their business a few months after I opened my shop and came to me for all their signage and more (printed items, graphic design). With the exception of their signs, every single order I've done for them is cursed and ends up being a reprint. The current fubar is an order of flyers that were outsourced. They supplied a date, I typed it wrong, they approved the proof, and off it went to print. Both at fault, but really it's on me. When I noticed it I just started laughing. Every. Single. Order.

At first it was aggravating, but now it's almost entertaining...like, what's going to be f'ed up this time? I don't have this problem with any other customers, only them, and I use their name as a verb now. Don't have the heart to tell them to get lost, it would be bad for business, small town and all that. Anyone else with a cursed customer like this? Lemme guess, just me?

netsol

i have an old friend who brings the same curse, BOTH WAYS (doing work for him always goes sideways, BUT THE REFERRALS are horrid.) he really means well, though...

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I had a client like that... every time something would happen, some of it my fault, some of it theirs. I dropped them.

untitled

There is a guy at my squash club that I used to play with every now and then, he is a few divisions lower than myself, but we would play if we are both there for fun. Two of the times I rolled my ankle and sprained it when I was on court with him. The third time he was watching one of my matches at a tournament. I'm not normally superstitious and it's kind of an inside joke now that he always breaks me when he is around and I will jokingly tell him to go away and not watch me play. It's been a couple of years, with covid and all since we have played, but there was a teams tournament where the teams are built with all different levels and he was at the club one day and he asks if I wanted to join his team as he needed a div 1 player to fill out his team. So I agreed. This was about a month and half ago. The day before the tournament starts I get covid. I avoid covid the whole time and then as soon as I am supposed to play on his team I get it. Now I fully believe he is a curse to me.

IsItFasst

I feel ya. If we have to fix something because we screwed it up, I can almost guarantee the second time will be wrong as well. But that's why they say "third time's a charm" right?

Billct2

Never had a customer like that but definitely a few jobs that were total fubars every step of the way, with plenty of blame all the way around, but as we know I had to take it all

gnubler

You would think they would love to be dropped by you. “It’s not you, it’s me”.
I've tried, even referred them to a local printer who would probably have lower prices but they keep coming back.
The worst curse is that I'm too nice.

netsol

I've tried, even referred them to a local printer who would probably have lower prices but they keep coming back.
The worst curse is that I'm too nice.
one day, they client i am thinking of REALLY annoyed me.
i took the b to b yellow pages, opened to computer consultants CROSSED MY LISTING OUT and took 4 of those bulldog clips to keep the book open and laid it on his desk.

gnubler

Awesome. I'd love to make my customer a sign saying "You're fired, stop calling me". Just can't do it.

netsol

none of us can get rid of ALL of them, but
culling the herd a bit, can hardly hurt. keeping the brighter ones is almost darwinian

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Earlier this week a softball booster contacted me again for their sponsor signs... 2x4 coroplast. They start sending logos and it's all fuzzy crap and scanned in business cards. I all but stopped doing sponsor signs and was about to dump them when they asked about their 10x20 outfield sign that came up for renewal, and then the guy handling it this year needs signs for all 8 of his storage locations... whoa! Glad I didn't send that "let me refer you too Fast Signs" email.....