• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cursive font help

Anyone know the cursive fonts for the words "gala"?

Attachments

• Derby Gala Logo 1.png
    Derby Gala Logo 1.png
    69.3 KB · Views: 155
  • Derby Gala Logo 2.png
    Derby Gala Logo 2.png
    56 KB · Views: 139

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Regardless of which of the myriad formal scripts this might turn out to be, 'cursive' is what they call it in elementary school nee longhand, which is what the little tykes used to call it before 'cursive'. In typography as well as the sign business it's called a 'script', 'cursive' is something else and rather obscure at that.

Knowing the nomenclature is at least half of all wisdom.

Pat Whatley

Damn, leave this place for a couple of years, come back, same old Bob. If you look up the definitions of "SCRIPT" and "CURSIVE" and look at the font sample posted that is closer to a cursive than a script. The words have been maligned for years until "SCRIPT" has become the common name, though used incorrectly. The same holds true for "FONT" and "TYPEFACE".

All that said, I'm not at my design desk but I think that is PF Champion with an alternate glyph for the "l"

SignosaurusRex

Damn, leave this place for a couple of years, come back, same old Bob. If you look up the definitions of "SCRIPT" and "CURSIVE" and look at the font sample posted that is closer to a cursive than a script. The words have been maligned for years until "SCRIPT" has become the common name, though used incorrectly. The same holds true for "FONT" and "TYPEFACE".

All that said, I'm not at my design desk but I think that is PF Champion with an alternate glyph for the "l"

With all due respect Pat...
No, not PF Champion nor Bickham... etc. and their myriad of alt glyphs.
I dare say this one is a custom creation of whom ever was charged with the task of designing it.

Thank you lol