• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Curved Streaks

JetPress

So our CJV150-160 suddenly started getting streaks in our prints. I looked at the last job we did before the streaks appeared there is no indication of this starting to appear in that print. The photo I attach is a photo of 3 different attempts. I seen this happened before and doing the recovery steps from the manual would end up fixing it. This time I haven't see any improvements and I never seen curved streaks before!

Here is a list of things I've already tried:
1) Checked and cleaned wiper
2) Test print looks fine
3) Check print head for anything stuck around it. Pretty clean but wiped around it anyways.
4) Ultra Clean and Nozzle Washes (2 times)
5) Drop position adjustment (made a slight adjustment but no improvement)

Another thing to note is that I've been sending blocks of color and not every single one is leaving streaks. Its more random than consistent.

Attachments

• streaks.jpg
    streaks.jpg
    767.9 KB · Views: 149

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
It does look like something is dragging across since the little streaks on the edges are the same color that's being printed. Is the head hitting the media edge holders perhaps? Take a really close look at the head surface. Sometimes it can be hard to see a little fiber that might be hanging down. Also, when was the last time the dampers, cap top, and wiper have been replaced?

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
My guess is dragging a fiber as well. It turns up at the end because the media is advancing after it finishes printing.

JetPress

It does look like something is dragging across since the little streaks on the edges are the same color that's being printed. Is the head hitting the media edge holders perhaps? Take a really close look at the head surface. Sometimes it can be hard to see a little fiber that might be hanging down. Also, when was the last time the dampers, cap top, and wiper have been replaced?
Ah so the media holders has some ink on them but I'm not sure how long that has been there since its dry. We got this machine a little over a year ago so maybe its time to replace some parts but it is odd that it happened so suddenly. I will take another look on the head surface and see if I missed something.

JetPress

It was lint! :banghead:
If you are facing the carriage the lint was stuck underneath the further right edge. I see a big improve now but there are still some tiny streaks. I'm pretty sure that's the culprit and I'll dig around to see if I can find more. Thank you Solventinkjet and Jester1167!