Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Curving an Image

Discussion in 'Corel' started by 47CP, Oct 6, 2006.

1. 47CP

47CP Member

Oct 10, 2005
    This is either so simple or so stupid that I can't find it...:(

I have a bumper sticker sized image that I created in Corel (all vectors). I am toying with the idea of digitally printing it and placing it on the visor of a car racing helmet.

But, in order for it to work correctly, it need to have a curve to it when printed. I approximated this angle with curved text, but need a way to curve this entire image to that curve.

Any ideas? Or is this even possible?

TIA,

DaveW

Tags:
  2. The Vector Doctor

The Vector Doctor Very Active Member

Aug 15, 2005
    Ohio
    Most programs have an envelope or distortion tool that will allow you to do this.

3. WVB

WVB Very Active Member

Feb 25, 2005
    Illustrator:

Ctrl A, Object, Envelope Distort, Make with Warp

4. Bobby H

Bobby H Very Active Member

Feb 4, 2005
    Lawton, OK
    Corel's envelope function is not very accurate when it comes to manipulating complex objects. Often the distortion effect will have inconsistent results for various objects in the envelope.

I think IllustratorCS2 does a better job in this respect, although some of its results still leave a bit to be desired. However, at least the results are consistent for a complex warp.

5. 47CP

47CP Member

Oct 10, 2005
    I appreciate the Illustrator help guys, but note the fact that I'm using Corel. :):):) Just kidding....I appreciate any help.

The envelope function that VectorDoctor suggested gave me enough info to figure it out, so thank you very much.

DaveW