• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions CUSTOM COASTER MATERIALS

Hi to all, I want recommendation of what type of board and where to buy it print custom coasters assuming I can print this in a uv flatbed printer we have a OCE Arizona 1340 GT LED curing and Oce Arizona 660, we planing to cut in a colex flatbed cutter, advise will be appreciated

Greg Kelm

www.cheetaprint.com
True coasters are made with blotter/pulp paper for absorption, but doesn't come cheap or in a 4x8' sheet.

We're going to run a job of 10,000 coasters soon on 4x8' 48pt paper. UV printed and cut on our Zund.

Last edited:

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
We did some round discs on 3mm sintra, printed on our UV flatbed and had them cut by our C&C guy. They are actually little signs to explain a 10% tariff surcharge. Anyway - it wasn't made to be a coaster - but I have one on my desk and I use it as a coaster - works great!

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
Katz Display has the coaster stock you get at a bar, but be careful, it will eat up blades on your cutter like no other. Really needs to be die cut on something like a steel rule die. You can also try different types of tile to make a higher end coaster. Stick some felt or cork to the back.

https://www.firesprint.com

ProColorGraphics

I got some super thick coaster/pulp board from Lindenmeyr Munroe that works great. It's ~28x40 sheets. Fischers Paperboard also carries it.

I print on my Fuji UV and cut out on my Summa Flatbed cutter without any issues. It does cut better with the oscillating knife.