Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestions CUSTOM COASTER MATERIALS

Discussion in 'Product and Supplier Referrals' started by deliverysigns, Feb 19, 2020.

1. deliverysigns

deliverysigns Member

May 11, 2014
    Orlando, Florida
    Hi to all, I want recommendation of what type of board and where to buy it print custom coasters assuming I can print this in a uv flatbed printer we have a OCE Arizona 1340 GT LED curing and Oce Arizona 660, we planing to cut in a colex flatbed cutter, advise will be appreciated

Tags:
  2. Greg Kelm

Greg Kelm Member

Aug 20, 2019
    Rancho Cucamonga
    True coasters are made with blotter/pulp paper for absorption, but doesn't come cheap or in a 4x8' sheet.

We're going to run a job of 10,000 coasters soon on 4x8' 48pt paper. UV printed and cut on our Zund.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Boudica

Boudica Member

Dec 21, 2018
    Spokane, WA
    We did some round discs on 3mm sintra, printed on our UV flatbed and had them cut by our C&C guy. They are actually little signs to explain a 10% tariff surcharge. Anyway - it wasn't made to be a coaster - but I have one on my desk and I use it as a coaster - works great!

4. FireSprint.com

FireSprint.com Merchant Member

Katz Display has the coaster stock you get at a bar, but be careful, it will eat up blades on your cutter like no other. Really needs to be die cut on something like a steel rule die. You can also try different types of tile to make a higher end coaster. Stick some felt or cork to the back.

https://www.firesprint.com

5. ProColorGraphics

ProColorGraphics Very Active Member

Apr 1, 2009
    Minnesota
    I got some super thick coaster/pulp board from Lindenmeyr Munroe that works great. It's ~28x40 sheets. Fischers Paperboard also carries it.

I print on my Fuji UV and cut out on my Summa Flatbed cutter without any issues. It does cut better with the oscillating knife.

6. deliverysigns

deliverysigns Member

May 11, 2014
    Orlando, Florida
    thank you all for the advise this help is appreciated