Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Custom color pallette with Flexi?

Discussion in 'Flexi' started by Flame, Nov 13, 2006.

1. Flame

Flame Major Contributor

Apr 26, 2006
    Vancouver
    Okay, first off I'm using Flexisign Pro 8.0V2

Secondly, I'm trying to create a custom pallette. I use 2 pallette's now, the default one and the Pantone coated to uncoated. I want a third one for doing my motorcycle graphics (so I can have my custom colors always on hand). It only is going to be about 6 colors, so pretty small. But... I'm not too smart when it comes to Flexi. How do you do it?

I know how to open a new pallette, and how to add colors from the other pallettes (click and drag from another pallette). But these colors I have aren't in any other pallette, they're ones I came up with myself. SO......... anyone know how I can do this? I know it's probably simple, but I can't seem to figure it out and my instruction book just confuses me.

If you could help me out, I'd be stoked.:thankyou:

PS, I mis-spelled pallette, huh?

Tags:
  2. Mike Paul

Mike Paul Major Contributor

Dec 30, 2003
    NJ
    Make a new file with your six colors.
    Go to View> Color> New Table. Then - View> Color > Merge from Document.
    Then save the table.

3. bob

bob Major Contributor

Nov 4, 2005
    earth
    Ok, by the numbers [this is using Flexi 7.6V2 but it's no doubt the same in 8]...

View->Color->New Table, a new table should appear. You can drag it out if its docked position for clarity. Or not.

View->Color->Color Specs...

On the Color Specs dialog select just the new swatch table you just created. Use the drop down box on the upper left of the dialog.

Now have fun creating whatever colors get you off and adding them to this table with the New button.

When you're done right click on your fine new table and select Save As..

And there you are...

4. Flame

Flame Major Contributor

Apr 26, 2006
    Vancouver
    Hey, thanks guys. Looks like I'm all setup now with my fancy-dancy new color table.

Muchos Gracias.:thankyou: :thankyou: :thankyou:

5. Kenny

Kenny Member

Jul 15, 2003
    Texas
    Be sure to add that directory to your daily back-ups. :cool: