• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Custom Flag Pricing

Angela

I am wanting to offer custom flags for my customers. But after I tell them the price, I get the "I can get it on the internet for 100 bucks". I of course tell them that price is not for a custom flag of the same quality.

I have a company that I can use but no matter what they want to charge a $65.00 set up fee per item. That to me seems way too high. I do all the artwork and they just check it to make sure it's okay. I understand they need to check things out but 65 bones?

The cost is for an 8ft double sided flag is 128, plus a 65 set up fee, plus shipping 15. What would you charge? Any feedback would be appreciated.

Circleville Signs

8'x?

Sounds like you need to find some alternative vendors. That being said, we typically don't **** around with flag work for that reason. If your customers do not feel that the design work that you do is better than what they can come up with themselves, you either need to find new customers, or get into a different business :)

As far as pricing goes, I charge $20/sf for custom flags + art time. I don't sell many, nor do i care to.

signswi

Anytime you price design as part of the product you're making a bad call imo. Design fees should be separate from product fees. You're going to take a loss competing on price with the internet almost always and if you throw in design on top of that...ridiculous, you'll go out of business or die from overworking yourself for scraps.